Job Title: School Cook
Location: Armley Grange School, Leeds
Salary: £18,000 per annum
Hours: 37.5 hours - Monday to Friday Term Time Only
Can you enrich the lives of young people as a School Cook?
We are looking for a full time School Cook to join our brand new school Armley Grange, Leeds. As a Cook you will help support our children and young people in their daily lives, ensuring they are well fed, comfortable, and healthy.
This is a great opportunity to work as part of a team committed to helping children with varied and complex needs. You will oversee all aspects of catering at school, in particular the lunch-time meal for pupils and colleagues and a mid-morning snack, in addition to ensuring that hygiene and safety protocols are implemented to the highest standards.
Our School Cooks carry out an essential and role to provide meals required by the children and young people in our care. You will play an important part in the development of healthy habits and enjoyment of mealtimes for our learners. For many of our children, consistency is key, and our Schools Cooks take time to make sure everything is as it should be for a smooth lunchtime service and take pride in ensuring that hygiene and safety protocols are implemented to the highest standards.
Quality is always top of our agenda and we pride ourselves on the quality of what we do. We are looking for a School Cook who shares our vision to build incredible futures by empowering vulnerable young people in the UK, to be happy and to make their way in the world.
- To set up and clean down the kitchen areas before and after day-to-day use
- Assist in the necessary preparation for the day/weekly demand/needs of the school
- To be observant of the need to minimise waste
- To provide suitable food to students with special dietary requirements
- Check daily any visitor, staff and student meal time requirements
- To personally observe all measures relating to Health and Safety, hygiene and food hygiene requirements
- To report on any equipment or maintenance requirements
- Assist in ensuring supplies are ordered and are properly checked on delivery and that invoices are accurate
- To ensure all equipment and chemicals are used and handled correctly at all times, in accordance with manufacturer’s instructions and COSHH Regulations
- Assist in keeping relevant records and reports accurate and up to date
- To respond timely and with flexibility to urgent or last-minute staff/students requirements
- To report any defeats, damage, theft, breakages or hazards to relevant staff immediately
Armley Grange is a new specialist school for young people with complex communication needs, autism and associated learning and emotional needs. A specialist school equipped with the latest technology, sensory provision and specialist teaching spaces with the needs of the children in mind.
Armley Grange is a day school that caters for students from 5 years to 19 years old. A specialist curriculum will be provided blending specialist teaching around communication, sensory and behaviour approaches with aiming for each child to achieve their goals and aspirations and to reach their potential, equipping them to make their way in the world.
Why join Options Autism?
Your health and wellbeing are important to us, so you’ll get an exceptional reward package including:
- Life Assurance
- Pension scheme with options to increase your contributions
- “Your Wellbeing Matters” – access to a wide range of first-class mental health support services and physical health checks
And a market-leading benefit offering through our Flexible Benefits Platform, Vista, enables you to choose the package that’s right for you, including:
- A wide range of health, wellbeing, and insurance benefits
- 100’s of discount options valid in the UK and abroad
- Cycle to Work Schemes
- Electric Car Purchase Scheme
- Critical illness cover
And that’s not all, we place the outcomes of the children and vulnerable young adults in our services at the heart of everything we do, so you’ll wake every day in the knowledge that your role will have a significant positive impact on the lives of others.
We are committed to the safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people. All successful applicants will be subject to a fully enhanced DBS.