Hours: 40 Hours per week, Monday to Friday
Salary: £21,000 per annum
Location: Armley Grange School, Leeds
Are you organised and meticulous? A great communicator? Do you want to share your ideas to create a fun, exciting and engaging school for Autistic children and young adults? Armley Grange School is looking for a proactive thinker who can help keep the environment organised, engage with the Schools stakeholders and perform any administration duty required for the running of the school
The main purpose of this role is to provide a professional, effective and responsive administration service to the school.
Previous experience with Special Educational Needs (SEN) is not essential but it is preferred. If you have no experience, please research Autism and the challenges it presents. Previous administration experience within a school environment is preferred but if you can demonstrate transferrable skills, we would love to hear from you!
- Answering calls and ensuring information received via mail, telephone or email is effectively processed or forwarded, ensuring high quality communication at all times.
- Answering queries and providing accurate messages to ensure that all individuals are dealt with promptly and appropriately, with diplomacy and discretion.
- Producing relevant school documents and typing correspondence.
- Processing supplier invoices, including generating purchase orders on the electronic purchasing system.
- Providing administration/clerical support for Armley Grange School
- Assisting with compiling information packs for professional meetings.
- Minute taking as required.
- Update, modify and retrieve data on both manual and computerised systems, as required, working within the appropriate deadlines and highlighting discrepancies, in order to provide accurate and useable management information.
- Ensure appropriate message/telephone options are correct for the school
- Update/distribute staff internal phone lists as and when required.
- Manage own effective personal development as part of the Company’s commitment to invest in staff as the key resource in the organisation.
- Ensure you meet statutory responsibilities with regard to Health & Safety, Equal Opportunities and other relevant legislation, and conform to professional and ethical requirements.
Armley Grange is a new specialist school for young people with complex communication needs, autism and associated learning and emotional needs. A specialist school equipped with the latest technology, sensory provision and specialist teaching spaces with the needs of the children in mind.
Armley Grange is a day school that caters for students from 5 years to 19 years old. A specialist curriculum will be provided blending specialist teaching around communication, sensory and behaviour approaches with aiming for each child to achieve their goals and aspirations and to reach their potential, equipping them to make their way in the world.
Why join Options Autism?
Your health and wellbeing are important to us, so you’ll get an exceptional reward package including:
- Life Assurance
- Pension scheme with options to increase your contributions
- “Your Wellbeing Matters” – access to a wide range of first-class mental health support services and physical health checks
And a market-leading benefit offering through our Flexible Benefits Platform, Vista, enables you to choose the package that’s right for you, including:
- A wide range of health, wellbeing, and insurance benefits
- 100’s of discount options valid in the UK and abroad
- Cycle to Work Schemes
- Electric Car Purchase Scheme
- Critical illness cover
And that’s not all, we place the outcomes of the children and vulnerable young adults in our services at the heart of everything we do, so you’ll wake every day in the knowledge that your role will have a significant positive impact on the lives of others.
We are committed to the safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people. All successful applicants will be subject to a fully enhanced DBS.