Head of Health and Safety
Job Title: Head of Health and Safety
Location: Homebased – Remote with regular travel to sites
Contract Type: Permanent – Full Time
Salary: Up to £60,000 per annum
Car Allowance: £3,000
Outcomes First Group is Great Place to Work certified – it’s official! We’re also taking part in the national 4 Day Working Week pilot which makes joining us now even more appealing…
We’re looking for an experienced health and safety professional join us. Working directly with the Group Director of Quality, the new Head of Health & Safety will join a high-performance, and super-friendly, quality and compliance team.
To be successful in this role you will need:
- To be technically competent with strong attention to detail. Ideally Diploma Qualified in Health and Safety (NEBOSH, NVQ, NCRQ)
- Strong Management Skills and experience in a similar level role such as a manager or senior manager
- A proven track record of delivering targets
- To be hands-on, very people-oriented, innovative, fast-paced and passionate
- Proven experience in a similar role
- The ability to influence and engage with all levels of the organisation
- An enthusiastic and positive approach to health and safety!
About the Role
This new role is focused on promoting a positive health and safety culture through high-quality training, service audit and robust monitoring. This role will cover multiple sites around the UK with the support of a dedicated health & safety adviser, a wider quality compliance team and a number of contracted providers. You will work closely with our registered managers and headteachers and the property teams.
Your duties will involve:
- Promoting a positive health and safety culture across schools, homes and offices
- Embedding high quality health and safety practice at every opportunity
- Learning from incidents within the Group and afar to ensure that health & safety practice, including human factors, are regularly considered and used to improve practice
- Ensuring all services are compliant with relevant legislation and statutory guidance where this applies
- Delivering training to managers and headteachers to ensure they stay up to date with developments and policy changes
- Supporting and advising managers to help them meet standards and procedures
- Coordinating the delivery of IOSH training for managers
- Coordinating external visits to schools, homes, and offices to audit health and safety and the environment
- Supporting the ongoing review and improvement of management systems and policies.
- Reporting on a weekly and monthly basis on health & safety performance.
About the Group
Outcomes First Group exists to make sure vulnerable young people get the opportunities they need, whether that involves providing them with specialist education and residential care or finding them dedicated foster families in which they can thrive.
There are three organisations in our Outcomes First family: Acorn Education and Care, Options Autism, and the National Fostering Group. Together, we educate, care for and support children and young people across the UK, empowering them to be happy and make their way in the world.
Why work for us?
Your wellbeing is very important to us, and we know that being able to choose the benefits that suit you and your family will support your wellbeing.
Whatever your role and wherever you’re located, you’ll love VISTA, our flexible benefits platform which lets you tailor your benefits package.
And when your circumstances change…no problem. You can flex, trade and add to your benefits package to suit your circumstances.
- Holidays starting at 25 days per annum plus bank holidays on top with options to buy an additional 5 days
- Critical illness cover and life assurance options
- Company Pension with options to increase your contributions
- Private medical and dental Insurance
- 100’s of discount options valid in the UK and abroad
- Eco-Car Scheme
- “Your Wellbeing Matters"- access to a wide range of first-class mental health support services and physical health checks
- Career development opportunities
- Professional support networks and groups
We are committed to the safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people. All successful applicants will be subject to a fully enhanced DBS, which must be registered on the update service.
We are an Equal Opportunities Employer