Job Title: Deputy Headteacher
Location: Baston House School, Bromley
Salary: £53,00 per annum
Hours: Monday to Friday
Job Summary and Duties
As a proactive and dynamic Deputy Headteacher, you will drive the vision, leadership and direction of the school by supporting the Headteacher in continuing with the development of the school improvement plan. All staff at Baston House School work to enable the students to achieve greater independence, self-advocacy and the confidence they need to pursue a brighter future.
Ideally having already gained experience in a leadership capacity, this role would suit a Senior Teacher who enjoys working as part of a close-knit team where each student is carefully encouraged and supported in managing their own behaviour.
In brief, the role will involve:
- Supporting the Headteacher, formulating the aims and objectives of the school
- Establishing and developing school policies
- Leading behaviour management, facilitating and encouraging learning to enable students to achieve high standards
- Carrying out duties as a school teacher, including teaching set classes
- Assisting the Headteacher to lead the SMT, debriefings and staff meetings
Key Skills Required
- Hold Qualified Teacher Status (QTS) with previous experience of leading and developing a team as a Senior Teacher
- Knowledge of working with children and young people with autism and/or challenging behaviour
- Proven experience in leading whole school responsibility
- Experience of implementing and driving positive change
- Natural ability to motivate and inspire others
Please note, we reserve the right to close the vacancy early should we receive a significant number of suitable applications.
Baston House School is an independent day specialist provider of education in Bromley, Kent for children and young people aged from 5 to 19 years who have been diagnosed with Autistic Spectrum Conditions (ASC).
Why join Options Autism?
Your health and wellbeing are important to us, so you’ll get an exceptional reward package including:
- Holidays are equivalent to 5.6 weeks per annum
- Life Assurance
- Pension scheme with options to increase your contributions
- “Your Wellbeing Matters” – access to a wide range of first-class mental health support services and physical health checks
And a market-leading benefit offering through our Flexible Benefits Platform, Vista, enables you to choose the package that’s right for you, including:
- A wide range of health, wellbeing, and insurance benefits
- 100’s of discount options valid in the UK and abroad
- Cycle to Work Schemes
- Electric Car Purchase Scheme
- Critical illness cover
And that’s not all, we place the outcomes of the children and vulnerable young adults in our services at the heart of everything we do, so you’ll wake every day in the knowledge that your role will have a significant positive impact on the lives of others.
We are committed to the safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people. All successful applicants will be subject to a fully enhanced DBS.