Role: Unqualified Teacher
Site: Hillingdon Manor School, Uxbridge
Position: Permanent; Term Time Only
Hours: 38.5 hours per week; Monday - Friday
Salary: £17,000 to £28,000 per annum (dependent on experience)
Are you an Unqualified Teacher experienced in working with children and young people with autism? If so, we have the role for you!
This is an exciting, new opportunity for an experienced Unqualified Teacher to join our Hillingdon Manor School team. An ideal opportunity for those who would be excited by creating a nationally important resource with the substantial backing of a leading provider of education and care for children, young people, and adults with complex needs.
Job Summary and Duties
We are not looking for a specific subject matter. We are open to applicants who feel they have the skills to enhance our curriculum and bring something new. We are looking for someone who can bring something innovative to our school.
Working as an Unqualified Teacher, you will be expected to deliver training and education and co-ordinate flexible, person-centred programmes of study for a designated individual. You will be part of a strong dedicated team committed to providing our students with the very best outcomes through academic and vocational studies. The role will be challenging but rewarding, where you can make a real difference.
Following a thorough induction and training programme, your duties will include:
- Planning, delivering, and teaching an individual student, in accordance with the school’s curriculum framework and related policies.
- Preparing, planning, and assessing the subjects delivered to make sure they are in line with the child’s individual education plans
- Monitoring the progress of the child through regular tracking of performance
- Organising, preparing, and writing reports for annual reviews for your pupil
- Attending and actively participating in regular staff meeting
- Delivering lessons creatively, using the whole site and not restricting learning to the classroom
At Hillingdon Manor, we provide specialist education for 185 pupils, aged between 3.5 and 19. Located across two sites. Our Secondary School, supports around 125 students. Our students are taught in smaller class sizes and all students work towards a variety of qualifications dependent on their needs and ability.
Options Autism the UK’s leading independent provider of specialist education and residential care for vulnerable children and young people. As part of Outcomes First Group we are leading our sector in setting and delivering new approaches that provide measurable outcomes for those in our care.
Why join Options Autism?
Your health and wellbeing are important to us, so you’ll get an exceptional reward package including:
- Life Assurance
- Pension scheme with options to increase your contributions
- “Your Wellbeing Matters” – access to a wide range of first-class mental health support services and physical health checks
And a market-leading benefit offering through our Flexible Benefits Platform, Vista, enables you to choose the package that’s right for you, including:
- A wide range of health, wellbeing, and insurance benefits
- 100’s of discount options valid in the UK and abroad
- Cycle to Work Schemes
- Electric Car Purchase Scheme
- Critical illness cover
And that’s not all, we place the outcomes of the children and vulnerable young adults in our services at the heart of everything we do, so you’ll wake every day in the knowledge that your role will have a significant positive impact on the lives of others.
We are committed to the safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people. All successful applicants will be subject to a fully enhanced DBS.