Job title: Class Teacher
Location: Red Moor School, Bodmin
Salary: £25,000 - £35,000 per annum
Hours: 42.5 hours per week; Monday to Friday
Contract: Permanent, Term Time only
If you really want to make your mark in a rapidly growing business that is committed to improving the lives of children and vulnerable adults, we have the role for you!
Due to growth we’re looking for a Class Teacher to join our team at Red Moor School in Bodmin. Someone who is organised, self-motivated and keen to make a difference would be perfect for this role.
About the School
Red Moor School is a specialist provision located in Lanlivery near Bodmin in mid Cornwall. The school provides full-time specialist co-education for children and young people aged 5 to 16 who have social, emotional, mental health and communication difficulties or associated behaviours that challenge.
Unable to achieve in a mainstream environment, our aim is to help pupils excel by providing a structured, nurturing approach, with students accessing a broad, balanced, engaging and extraordinarily rich curriculum.
With its large building and extensive grounds, Red Moor School is an environment where children learn to thrive both in the classroom and outdoors, helping them to be the best.
Red Moor School is a small, but growing, staff team, including strong links with local therapists to enrich the curriculum further.
About the Group
We are part of Acorn Education and Care and can promise you plenty of challenges, and a rich variety of opportunities to develop your career.
We provide Education and Care across a number of schools and residential homes nationally. Our specialist SEN provision, coupled with our expertise within residential care means we offer thousands of vulnerable children across the UK a holistic, wraparound care, residential and education service, empowering them with everything they need to flourish. It is by no accident that 94% of our schools and homes are rated as 'Outstanding' or 'Good'.
We welcome staff who share our commitment to help children experience better days and better lives. Through ongoing development and training, we ensure our staff are well prepared for their jobs and given every opportunity to extend their skills.
About the Role
We are looking for an enthusiastic and self-motivated person to join our growing staff team. Our aim as a school is to provide the BEST education for every child, through high quality teaching and learning activities and building quality relationships with our children and their families.
This role is for a class teacher, who has experience of teaching across either the primary or secondary sector. We would welcome applications from professionals across the board.
Who we are looking for?
You will need to be enthusiastic, self-motivated and able to work as part of a team of dedicated staff to help deliver the BEST education for our students. You will need to be caring, resilient, child-focussed and willing to go the extra mile to ensure our students achieve their potential.
The ideal candidate will be motivated by seeing students who have previously failed in education succeed and need to enjoy the challenge of having no two days the same!
Whilst previous experience of working in the special educational needs sector is desirable, it is not essential.
- To secure high quality teaching, effective use of resources and improve standards of learning and achievement for all pupils in consultation with the Headteacher
- To teach science and a range of other subjects as necessary to ensure the effective delivery of the school’s curriculum
- In consultation with the Headteacher, undertake other identified areas of responsibility as necessary to ensure effective delivery of the school’s curriculum
- Effective development of pupil’s core literacy, numeracy and information technology skills
- Effective development of pupils individual and collaborative study skills necessary for them to become increasing independent when out of school
- Must be educated to degree level
- Must hold Qualified Teacher Status
- Commitment to continued personal and professional development
- Ability to manage competing demands and work to tight deadlines
- Good communication skills, written, oral and listening
- Commitment to Equal Opportunities
- The ability to form good relationships and develop teams
- Respect with the moral and spiritual ethos of the school
- Caring, innovative and conscientious
- Open and approachable
Why work for us?
A few reasons we think it’s a great place to work:
- “Your Wellbeing Matters"- access to a wide range of first-class mental health support services
- Employee Rewards Hub – access to discounts, offers and cashback with 100s of retailers
- Continuous professional development & training for a clear career path
- Opportunity to enrich the lives of young people and make a positive difference
- Be part of a fantastic team who work hard together and support each other
- No two days are ever the same
If you would like to arrange to come for a school tour, or have an informal conversation about this vacancy, please do not hesitate to contact the Headteacher at the school, on 01726 219 472.
Start date: September 2022
We are committed to the safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and vulnerable adults. All successful applicants will be subject to fully Enhanced DBS.
We expect all our employees to share this commitment and strive to achieve the best possible outcomes for everybody in our care. A full application form must be completed with all employment dates accurate and gaps in employment accounted for.