Adult Learning Disabilities Support Worker
Role: Adult Learning Disabilities Support Worker
Salary: Up to £19,450.80 per annum plus £63 per sleep in
Location: Chard, Somerset
Hours: 32 hours per week average
Essential: A Level 2 Diploma in Adults and Level 2 in Autism or willing to work towards them and the Right to Work in the UK
In a small and homely provision. PPE, social distancing and testing measures in place.
3 Dimensions Care supports Adults with Autism, communication needs, sensory processing needs and learning difficulties.
We have a home in Chard that provides Residential Care for three young Adults with Autism. The Housemates are long term placements who are very settled within their home. They present low level challenging behaviours and require one to one support in the community.
We give support to the Housemates in all aspects of their day to day life and we support them to develop independence skills as well as supporting them to stay safe and engage in meaningful activities.
We offer our staff working in the residential Adults home.
- A set shift pattern
- Full salary for annual leave
- Use of company car for work activities
- Food provided for most meals whilst on shift and paid breaks.
- Comprehensive Induction and Specialist training
- Initial DBS paid for
- Paid Training and Development opportunities
- Overtime regularly available
You need to be physically fit and willing to undertake various activities such as swimming and walking as well as have an open, compassionate and enquiring disposition. All Housemates have communication needs and require you to be able to adapt your communication to meet their needs, as well as being able to support the Housemates to manage their emotional wellbeing and ensure their best interests are being met at all times. You must have a full driving licence and need to have or to work towards a Level 2 Diploma in Adults and Level 2 in Autism.
- Up to £19,450.80 per annum for 32 hours a week, on average (up to £10.20 per hour plus other allowances and bonus payments. Sleep-in paid at £63 plus Holiday)
- On average, 2 long shifts a week 9am until 10pm (8am start available, if preferred).
- 3 weekly rota for shifts, including weekend pattern - 1 weekend on call. 1 weekend worked with sleep-in. 3rd Weekend off.
- Part-time / job share available (20 - 25 hours a week). Salary rate as above but pro-rated dependent on hours and sleep-ins.
3 Dimensions care is committed to safeguarding all Housemates placed with us and therefore we are required to apply for your fully enhanced DBS check and several references will be sought
We look forward to hearing from you