Job title: Head of English/English Class teacher
Reports to: Headteacher/Assistant Headteacher (Quality of Education)
Salary: Up to £36,000
- Provide effective and energetic leadership to drive forward the curriculum and assessment of English across all key stages.
Implement secure curriculum flight paths across the key stages to support each pupil achieve appropriate outcomes.
- Have lead responsibility for English across the school, developing effective and imaginative schemes of work which will ensure academic targets are met, pupils make appropriate progress, and intervention strategies are in place and monitored.
- Deliver outstanding lessons and instil a love on English in all pupils.
- To be the lead teacher of English within the department; to inspire colleagues in the delivery of outstanding lessons.
Have knowledge and understanding of:
The school’s vision, aims, priorities, targets, curriculum policies and action plans; Any statutory curriculum requirements and the requirements for assessment, recording and reporting of pupils’ attainment and progress;
- The characteristics of high quality teaching and the main strategies for improving and sustaining high standards of teaching, learning and achievement for all pupils;
- Management, including employment law, equal opportunities legislation, personnel, external relations, finance and change;
- The implications of the code of practice of special educational needs for teaching and learning.
Longdon Hall School is an independent specialist day school for boys and girls aged from 7 to 18, catering for children with a wide range of social, emotional, and mental health needs. Our dedicated team work together to ensure successful outcomes for pupils who often arrive at the school with a troubled view of education and life.
Acorn Education & Care is the UK’s leading independent provider of specialist education and residential care for vulnerable children and young people. As part of Outcomes First Group we are leading our sector in setting and delivering new approaches that provide measurable outcomes for those in our care.
Why join us?
We offer a friendly and inclusive working environment and the chance to be part of a fantastic multidisciplinary team, who work hard and support each other to deliver personalised, bespoke education & care. Our benefits package includes free parking, shopping discounts and cashback via our ‘Rewards Hub’, and access to content on mindfulness, fitness, recipes and much more as part of our ‘Your Wellbeing Matters’ programme.
As well as opportunities for internal promotion, you will have access to high-quality Continuing Professional Development to help pursue your own personal goals. We also offer accredited training programmes including Diplomas and NVQs, supplemented by ongoing learning opportunities.
Ultimately, all our roles give you the opportunity to enrich the lives of young people and make a positive difference.
For further information and to apply please visit our website at https://www.outcomesfirstgroup.co.uk/vacancies/
Acorn Education and Care is part of Outcomes First Group. We are committed to the safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people. All successful applicants will be subject to a fully Enhanced DBS.