Job Title: Trainer – West Midlands
Hours: 37.5 hours per week
Location: Home Based (in region) with occasional travel across areas of the West Midlands
Salary: Dependent on Experience
Car Allowance: £3,000
If you really want to make your mark in a rapidly growing business that is committed to improving the lives of children and young people, we have the role for you! We are seeking an experienced trainer who can develop and inspire our team members and external customers on their learning journey. You will possess a teaching/training qualification with a strong background in face to face and virtual delivery of training modules.
The ideal candidate will have the ability to be upskilled on various topics and be able to demonstrate a friendly and engaging approach to training. You will possess excellent interpersonal skills and an ability to work alongside a wide range of age groups and abilities. You will be open to learning and developing your knowledge in existing and new subject areas.
A wonderful opportunity for someone who has a genuine interest in supporting and improving the skill set of our team, and external customers.
About the Group
Outcomes First Group is the largest independent provider of high-quality foster care and special needs education and care. We are a vital part of local communities in England, Scotland, Wales, and Northern Ireland with a renowned reputation for quality and positive outcomes for the people we educate and care for.
Our divisional brands include Acorn Education and Care, National Fostering Group and Options.
Some of our divisions have been recognised in 2020 as one of UK’s top 30 Best Workplaces™ by Great Place to Work.
About the Role
This is an exciting time to join the Learning and Talent team as we create a world class learning offering for our carers and employees. The team are currently transitioning to provide an updated high quality, modern training and development offering that will enable outstanding outcomes for our children, young adults, and vulnerable adults.
To help us on this journey we are recruiting a Trainer, with a strong background in learning and development and exceptional delivery skills who will report to a Regional Training Services Manager. This role will be responsible for delivering consistently high-quality training sessions for our carers and employees.
Customer service is at the heart of the function so you will need to demonstrate going above and beyond to ensure the needs of our carers and employees are met.
Who we are looking for.
The successful candidate will have existing experience of delivering a wide variety of training activities to a range of audiences. We are looking for someone who reflects systematically on the impacts of learning to ensure continuous improvement and make sure that learning is embedded. You will be confident in creating materials, solutions and training that impacts the behaviour of the audience.
We are specifically looking for training experience in a virtual and face to face environment.
- Experienced in delivering wide range of training activities to variety of audiences.
- Knowledgeable of different learning need styles and evidence how these are embedded in course / learning solution materials.
- Engaging in their training style, ensuring everyone is brought along.
- Excellent Communicator and an ability to work alongside a wide range of age groups and abilities.
- Proven track record of creating materials, solutions and delivering learning that impacts behaviour.
- Experience in delivering to audiences with mixed skillsets and knowledge.
- Systematically measures results and checks embedding of learning.
- Able to talk to anybody at any level and builds professional relationships effectively.
- Puts customer service and experience at the heart of their thinking and approach, going out of their way to delight the customer.
Why work for us
- You have the ability to make a real difference to those in our care.
- Holidays starting at 25 days per annum
- An extra holiday per year for your choice of a special day (birthday, anniversary etc)
- Extensive training suite
- Career development across the Group
- Professional support network
- Contributory Pension
- Bike to work scheme
- Access to Shine learning suite
- “Your Wellbeing Matters"- access to a wide range of first-class mental health support services
- Employee Rewards Hub – access to discounts, offers and cashback with 100s of retailers
We are committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and we expect all employees to share this commitment and undertake appropriate checks.
We are an Equal Opportunities Employer.