Job Title: Office 365 Migration Engineer
Location: Flexible working from the Bolton Office
Contract Type: 12 month Fixed Term Contract, Full Time
Salary: Up to £50,000 dependent on experience
About the role
We are looking for an Office 365 Migration engineer to deliver the migration and simplification of our AD & O365 environments.
This role will be responsible for ensuring the integration and synchronization of our AD infrastructure to our nominated O365 tenancy. You will also be responsible for the migrating of various tenants into the destination tenancy.
The key focus is on the support, maintenance, and simplification of the current O365 environment, whilst minimizing impact on our large estate of offices, schools, and care homes.
The position will mainly be home based but you will be required to attend the main office in Bolton on occasion.
The main responsibilities include:
- Clean up users in AD to allow syncing between AD and O365
- Update and re-configure AAD Connect to allow syncing from multiple AD Domains to a single O365 tenancy
- Organise and plan the migration of smaller tenancies into our main tenant, ensuring minimum disruption
- Investigate and plan the staggered migration of one large tenant into the main tenant, ensuring minimal disruption
- Work with the Service Desk and users to ensure that as migrations happen, users are not unduly impacted
- Communicate all plans and schedules to affected people and ensure they are kept up to date regarding the migrations
- Liaise with the infrastructure team to ensure the effects are known and communicated
- Mentor, educate and knowledge transfer to members of the IT team.
- Perform all activities in keeping with established change management and approval procedures.
Who are we looking for?
The ideal candidate will have experience of migrating O365 tenants and configuring Azure AD Connect. You will have strong knowledge of working within an ITIL framework and a good understanding of IT Infrastructure.
Excellent communication and organisational skills are essential in this role and you will have demonstrated efficient and effective use of problem-solving and task prioritization to solve complex challenges in previous roles.
About the Group
Outcomes First Group is the largest independent provider of high quality foster care and special needs education and care. We are a vital part of local communities in England, Scotland, Wales and Northern Ireland with a renowned reputation for quality and positive outcomes for the people we educate and care for.
Our divisional brands include Acorn Education and Care, National Fostering Group and Options Autism.
Why work for us?
- Holidays starting at 25 days per annum
- An extra days holiday per year for a special occasion (i.e. birthday, anniversary, childs first day at school etc)
- Extensive training suite
- Career development across the Group
- Professional support network
- “Your Wellbeing Matters"- access to a wide range of first-class mental health support services
- Employee Rewards Hub – access to discounts, offers and cashback with 100s of retailers
We are committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and we expect all employees to share this commitment and undertake appropriate checks.