Adult Support Worker
Bank, Flexible Working
Are you an experienced Support Worker now seeking a new challenge? If so we have a fantastic opportunity for you!
We are currently seeking an experienced Support Worker to join our team based in Bodmin. This opportunity forms part of our Kernow Options for Autism team, where our service supports adults with autism, learning disabilities or mental health needs within their own home or a family setting. CQC rated Good the aim of the service is to support, empower and encourage individuals to take an active part in their community and access mainstream leisure pursuits and interests, as well as encouraging families to join in. This includes meals out, trips to the cinema or theatre, swimming, going to the gym, horse riding, etc
We support people in their own homes to learn all the necessary independent living skills such as cooking, cleaning, budgeting, shopping for food, clothing or new furniture, booking holidays, helping them with their finances, paying bills, making appointments and reading letters. We develop individual support plans to include access to day centres, colleges or adult education classes, or supported employment. We listen to the individual and significant others and design a personalised, flexible service which is tailored to meet individual needs and can be adapted over time.
The role requires flexibility to work shifts and would include sleep ins paid at £9.50 per hour.
For this role we are seeking an experienced Support Worker now seeking a new challenge where you can really make a positive impact on the lives of others, working for a leading organisation within the specialist field of adult autism.
- All applicants must be willing to work towards (or already hold) the Level 2 Diploma in Health & Social Care (Adults)
- You will be proactive and keen to learn with a positive, passionate and enthusiastic approach
- You will have effective communication skills, both written and verbal able to record information accurately
- You will have the flexibility and willingness to work shifts, including weekends (rotas to be discussed)
- Driving license and access to a car essential.
In return we offer
- Extensive training and career development across the Group
- A professional support network
- The Hub – our internal platform offering employee discounts for major retailers, recognition cards and a well-being centre
- Cycle to Work scheme
- Employee Assistance Programme
- Salary Finance scheme
- Option to purchase private medical
To be considered please apply online now or call 01204 522667 for further information. We are interviewing and hiring actively for these opportunities.
Outcomes First Group are committed to the safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and adults. All successful applicants will be subject to fully Enhanced DBS. We expect all our employees and volunteers to share this commitment and strive to achieve the best possible outcomes for everybody in our care. A full application form must be completed with all employment dates accurate and gaps in employment accounted for.