Residential Support Worker - Recruitment Open Day
Please come and see us!
Looking for a new challenge? Do you like or ever thought about supporting children and young people? An exciting new career in social care could be the fresh start you are looking for!
Set in the beautiful country surroundings of Higford, Near Shifnal, Shropshire we are excited to announce Options Higford is holding a Recruitment Open Day to discuss our Residential Support Worker opportunities.
When will this happen?
Date: Monday 26 July 2021
Time: 09:00am – 19:00pm
** We will be offering timed appointments - please call us to arrange
Where are we: Options Higford, Higford, Shropshire TF11 9ET
Our Recruitment Open day will include:
- Introduction to Options Higford
- Overview: a day in the life of a support worker, discuss the rota and pay & any other T&C’s
- Tour of the service
- Finally, if required we will support you on site to complete our online application form, thereafter if suitable an interview will be arranged on an alternative date
Company & Service Overview
Options Higford is a part of Outcomes First which specialise in care, education and therapeutic services support children and young adults with complex needs and learning disabilities including autism and social, emotional and mental health difficulties.
We are a DfE registered school and OFSTED rated children’s home offering a purpose-built service specially designed to meet the educational and development needs of the children in our care. Set in 28 acres of rolling Shropshire countryside, we provide a caring, structured and homely environment for our children.
We are within commuting distance of Shifnal, Telford, Dudley, Stourbridge, Shrewsbury, Stafford, Cannock, Walsall, and Wolverhampton, Stone, Stoke and surrounding towns.
Job Summary & Duties
We are looking for caring and committed Residential Support Workers to join our experienced and supportive team of professionals at Options Higford. As a Residential Support Worker this position focuses on developing independent life skills for children and young people with autism, learning disabilities and associated difficulties. Our mission is to provide a therapeutic care environment which will help our residents to fulfil their potential. This will include you developing personal and practical skills to enhance independent living and encouraging participation in daily tasks.
We like to offer as much support to our staff as well as our children and young people. We offer a thorough training, development and induction for all candidates. All we ask is for you to have a passion and willingness to learn and, have the compassion and understanding to support our resident’s to help them strive towards fulfilling a better future.
- The Residential Support Worker DAY role is offered on a full time basis, average of 40 hour per week on an agreed 2 week rolling day rota, to include weekend work and sleep-in duties (average 1-2 per month). Starting salary £18,720 per annum plus £1,000 unsocial allowance paid monthly
- The Residential Support Worker waking NIGHT role is offered on a full time 42 hours per week, working 4 on, 4 off rota, hours: 21.30pm – 09.30am, starting salary £19,656 per annum plus £1,000 unsocial allowance paid monthly
Key Skills Required
- Be willing to train to Level 3 Diploma certificate in Residential Childcare – funded by Options
- Keen to work with children and young people with autism and associated difficulties
- Able to work independently and as part of a team
- Have the flexibility and willingness to work shifts, including weekends
In return our benefits include:
- Enhanced induction and training opportunities
- Generous financial salary with allowance for unsocial hours
- Attractive holiday entitlement
- Automatic pension scheme enrolment
- Discounted retail vouchers
- Access to an Employee Assistance Programme
- The chance to earn additional payments through our Refer a Friend scheme
- Funded NVQ Qualification
If you would like to attend our Recruitment Open Day please call Caroline on 01952 630600 or email: firstname.lastname@example.org