Bank Residential Care worker
Hours Weekends, Evenings and/or Holiday hours
Hourly rate: £9.00 - £9.50 per hour
Our bank workers provide critical support to our sites at peak times of work and are a much-valued resource to the organisation on a shift to shift basis. As such we encourage our Bank workers to select the shifts, they can work each month and we will try to match our business needs to fit your availability. Starting as Bank worker is also a great way to gain experience into the Care industry.
Denmead is an Ofsted ‘Good’ registered independent children’s home offering residential care for children & young people aged 7-18 years (part of the Outcomes First Group) with social, emotional and mental health difficulties, (SEMH). The residential home, set in a rural location in South Hampshire offers a holistic model of care and education for the residents, which is designed to provide an enriching and positive environment. Denmead is within commutable distance from Waterlooville, Fareham, Havant, Portsmouth, Gosport and other surrounding towns and villages.
Our Children’s Services division is a national provider of specialist therapeutic children’s homes and schools for boys and girls with social, emotional and mental health difficulties (SEMH). Our services offer a stable, secure and supportive environment, in which the children and young people we care for can develop the skills and confidence necessary to help them fulfil their potential.
Job Summary and Duties
Working as a Bank Residential Care Worker you will join an established, experienced care organisation. As part of the Bank team you will be called at short notice to cover annual leave, training and sickness along with other various needs of the company. This is the perfect role for someone who cannot commit fully to a set amount of hours each week but is passionate and holds experience in supporting Children & Young People with challenging behaviours.
This role is offered on a bank contract and will give you the flexibility to choose your hours against our shift availability.
Following a thorough induction and training programme, your duties will include:
· Supporting, mentoring and educating our children in day to day activities to develop their emotional and social needs
· Developing personal and practical skills to enhance independent living
· Positive engagement to encourage our children and young adults in their development
· Reporting and recording key aspects of care and developing your professional skills as part of on-going development
· Managing complex behaviour that can be challenging
Key Skills Required
· Hold or be willing to work towards the Level 3 Diploma for Residential Child Care or equivalent qualification
· Ability to provide consistent and structured approach to the care and support you provide
· Able to work independently and as part of a team
· Previous experience working with children and young adults with challenging behaviour
· Have the flexibility and willingness to work shifts, including weekends
· Hold a Full UK Driving Licence
Please apply online now or call 01204 558055 for Recruitment for further information.
Outcomes First Group is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of everyone in our care and therefore this post is subject to an enhanced DBS check where suitable references will be sought prior to your employment start date.