Job Title: Apprentice Administrator (Policy and Research)
Hours: 37.5 per week
Location: Bolton OFG Office
Salary: up to £17,375 per annum
Contract: 18-month fixed term contract
Outcomes First Group are excited to offer our new Apprenticeship scheme created to launch the career of care experienced young people and care leavers.
If you really want to make your mark in a rapidly growing business that is committed to improving the lives of children and young people, we have the role for you!
About the Group
Outcomes First Group is the largest independent provider of high-quality foster care and special needs education and care. We are a vital part of local communities in England, Scotland, Wales and Northern Ireland with a renowned reputation for quality and positive outcomes for the people we educate and care for.
Our divisional brands include Acorn Education and Care, National Fostering Group, and Options.
About the role
This is an exciting opportunity to work in a busy Policy and Research environment, supporting the development of policies across the Group for education and social care.
The successful candidate will be supported by the team and will work closely with their mentor to experience and learn key skills required to support the development of policy and the use of research intelligence to inform best practice.
As an Apprentice Administrator (Research and Policy), you will gain a wide range of experience, working across the Group, supporting your manager to ensure that all the services and settings have effective operational policies and procedures that meet legislative, regulatory and national policy requirements.
Your day-to-day activities will include formatting policy documents, updating project documentation, uploading information onto different IT systems and platforms, taking notes and assisting with research.
The administrative apprentice will be joining a supportive and caring team who put a relentless focus on the outcomes of the children and young people in our care.
Alongside our onside training and guidance, you will also complete a Business Administration level 3 qualification.
• GCSE English and Maths Grade 4 or above
• Good IT skills: ability to use Microsoft Office packages including Work, Excel and Outlook. Training will also be given
• - Excellent relationship building skills
• - High level of attention to detail and high level of accuracy
• - Strong written and verbal communication skills
• - Excellent interpersonal and communications skills, in person, by telephone and in email
• - Exceptional time management & organisational skills
• - A friendly professional manner and appearance
• - Driven and self-motivated
Why work for us
• Holidays starting at 25 days per annum
• Extensive training suite
• Career development across the Group
• Professional support network
• “Your Wellbeing Matters”
• Employee Rewards Hub
We are committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and we expect all employees to share this commitment and undertake appropriate checks.
We are an Equal Opportunities Employer