Job Title: School Technician Craft Design and Technology
Location: Bramfield House School, Halesworth
Salary: £14,000 per annum
Hours: 30 Hours - 7:30am- 2:00pm including 30mins unpaid break, Monday – Friday
School Technician Craft Design and Technology
(Construction, DT, Catering, Science, Motor Vehicle Maintenance)
About the School
Bramfield House School is an independent residential special educational needs school for boys aged 7 – 16 years who have social, emotional, mental health, communication difficulties and associated challenging behaviours, located in rural Suffolk. The school has a committed and innovative multidisciplinary team, extensive site and excellent facilities to support both learning and extra-curricular activities; we are in a great position to provide our pupils with the best education and care possible.
We need highly motivated and enthusiastic individuals who want to make a real difference.
About the Group
We are part of Outcomes First Group which promise you plenty of challenges, and a rich variety of opportunities to develop your career. Our vision is to build incredible futures by empowering vulnerable young people in the UK to be happy and to make their way in the world. Every day we improve the lives of thousands of young people, their families and communities through a relentless focus on caring and learning.
Purpose of Post
Under the direction/instruction of Secondary/ Vocational Leader: Provide general support to staff and students, to ensure the smooth operation of the faculty area, including the organising, preparation, cleaning and maintenance of materials and resources for the department and giving practical support in the classroom to teachers.
- Offer a positive ‘can do’ attitude, be able to work on your own initiative (unsupervised), as well as part of a Team to maintain a high standard of cleanliness required throughout the school.
- Maintain machinery and equipment in the construction, Science, Catering, DT and Motor Vehicle workshops maintain health and safety.
- Prepare resources for the smooth running of lessons.
- Organise, sort, put away and replace resources for the areas.
- Order sources and advise.
- Promote excellent safeguarding in the school.
Why work for us?
A few reasons we think it’s a great place to work:
- Continuous professional development & training for a clear career path
- Opportunity to enrich the lives of young people and make a positive difference
- Be part of a fantastic team who work hard together and support each other
- No two days are ever the same
- “Your Wellbeing Matters”
- Employee Rewards Hub
This position is due to commence from September 2021 (subject to approved reference/DBS checks).
Applications are invited online through the OFG website.
If you have any further queries regarding how to apply please contact Samantha Coe, Secondary leaders at Bramfield House School on 01986 784235.
OFG is committed to the safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people. All successful applicants will be subject to fully Enhanced DBS.
We are an Equal Opportunities Employer.