Adult Support Worker - Flexible Working
Hickling Pastures, Melton Mowbray
Bank £9.16 - £9.39 per hour
Are you currently facing a career cross-roads and would like to explore new options?
Or, are you already experienced as a Support Worker / Care Worker?
If you have a passion for care and are now seeking a role where you can really make a positive impact on the lives of others we would love to hear from you. We are hiring now for our Little Acre Annex home and have opportunities for those looking for flexible bank shifts.
About the Role
An excellent opportunity has arisen for a Bank Support Worker to come and join our fun, supportive and friendly team here at The Annex and further your career.
Don't worry about having any experience, we will train, support and promote you to ensure you have an amazing career. Various shifts are available throughout the week and weekends designed to help you strike a perfect work/life balance.
During your working hours, you will be responsible for safeguarding the adults and make sure they are healthy, safe and as comfortable as possible. You will be required to ensure their physical, emotional and personal care needs of all the adults are met, by referring to agreed care plans. There will be moving and handling tasks to complete following relevant training and also other bespoke tasks pertaining to the service users health needs, again, following relevant training.
About the home
The Annex consists of one unit with 3 bedrooms and communal areas supporting young adults who have been diagnosed with Autism and have accompanying learning disabilities and have complex health needs. The ethos of The Annex is very much characterised by a ‘can do’ attitude. We want people who focus on the positive outcome of our adults and take responsibility for helping improve the lives of our service users. We share the value of creating a safe and nurturing home and we want people who can be fair and respectful, in order to do the right thing to support everyone in our care.
We’re searching for individuals that are compassionate, enthusiastic, reliable, responsible, friendly and have a caring nature. The role requires team players that can work to a flexible schedule.
A driving licence would be desirable due to the remote location of the site and limited public transport.
We provide full training but it would be beneficial if candidates have an understanding of Autism, what the challenges may be and how to provide the best possible care.
Outcomes First Group are committed to the safeguarding and promoting the welfare of young people. All successful applicants will be subject to fully Enhanced DBS. We expect all our employees and volunteers to share this commitment and strive to achieve the best possible outcomes for everybody in our care. A full application form must be completed with all employment dates accurate and gaps in employment accounted for.
- Local benefits include free parking, free meals, take-away nights, team building and training days and more!
- You will have our support to progress, including funding for relevant qualifications.
- A fantastic central induction, local induction and a dedicated buddy who will be there for you from day one.
- Access to an extensive training suite for personal development, it’s all free and online.
- Access to our internal platform which offers, employee discounts for 100’s of retailers, recognition cards, wellbeing tools and more.
- We also offer a Cycle to Work scheme (discounts on bikes/equipment), Bupa Employee Assistance Programme and Salary Finance options such as advances on your earned pay when you need it most.
- We have recently also introduced “One moment in time” which is an extra days leave each year for you to use on a day special to you
- We are proud to have been certified as Great Place to Work for the second year running (based on feedback from our existing staff)
If you would like to be considered please apply online today!
Options Autism are committed to the safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people. All successful applicants will be subject to fully Enhanced DBS. We expect all our employees and volunteers to share this commitment and strive to achieve the best possible outcomes for everybody in our care. A full application form must be completed with all employment dates accurate and gaps in employment accounted for.