Role: Speech and Language Therapist
Location: Holywell, North Wales
Salary: £24,000 to £35,000 dependent on experience
Contract: Full time, permanent.
We currently have an opportunity for a Speech and Language Therapist to join our specialist in house clinical team in North Wales. We‘re looking for someone with a passion for working with complex young people, those with learning needs, those who are neurodiverse and those who have experienced adverse childhood experiences. Mainly situated at our site Options Kinsale based in Holywell, whilst also working in other homes in North Wales plus some flexibility for remote working. Someone with a holistic and integrated approach to care, education and clinical services would be perfect for this role.
The role will be based in a multi-disciplinary clinical and wellbeing team, including Clinical Psychology, Psychotherapy and Occupational Therapy. You will be joining a dedicated team of professionals to support the children and young people in our services in North Wales. You will be working closely with our staff teams who support our young people across care, education and fostering, as well as the family and carers of those young people. As the speech and language therapist you will be responsible for providing evidence based assessments to better understand our young people's receptive and expressive communication needs. You will be instrumental in creating communication profiles, contributing to placement plans and delivering a range of interventions. This role also includes staff training, attending multi-agency meetings and service development. There are also regular opportunities for CPD, through our internal specialist forums and funding for external training opportunities.
We are looking for a HCPC registered Speech and Language Therapist, who is dedicated to provide a high level of clinical delivery, enjoys working creatively to develop bespoke interventions to meet the specific needs of our most complex young people and has a dynamic approach to problem solving.
We are looking for enthusiasm, initiative and excellent communication skills.
- Professional supervision
- A network of clinical colleagues with regular forums for peer reflection & practice development
- Continuous professional development and training for a clear career path
- Access to our internal platform which offers, employee discounts for 100’s of retailers, recognition cards, wellbeing tools and more.
- We offer a Cycle to Work scheme, Bupa Employee Assistance Programme and Salary Finance options (eg advances on your earned pay)
- We also offer “one moment in time” which is an extra days annual leave each year for you to use on a day that’s important to you
- We are proud to be certified as Great Place to Work for the second year running, a certification based on employee feedback.
The Outcomes First Group are committed to the safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children, young people and adults. All successful applicants will be subject to fully Enhanced DBS and necessary checks. We expect all our employees and volunteers to share this commitment and strive to achieve the best outcome possible for everybody in our care. A full application form must be completed with all employment dates accurate and gaps in employment accounted for