Job title: Residential Support Worker
Location: Capel Curig, Near Betwys-y-Coed, Wales
Hours: 40 hours per week
Salary: Up to £21,200 per annum
Do you love helping children? Are you resilient, a team player and reliable? Do you want to have the autonomy to share your ideas to create fun, exciting and engaging activities for children with an Autism and Learning Difficulties diagnosis? Our residential home is looking for caring individuals who enjoy working with young people and are keen to make a difference.
We are recruiting compassionate, hardworking and resilient Residential Support Workers to work alongside the existing team at The Meadows to deliver a high quality of care and support to the children and young people in our care. You will contribute to individual Quality of Life Plans and provide a balanced programme of personal development focusing on social skills, independence and community involvement enabling the young people to achieve their full potential.
If you have no experience but want to make a difference and have transferrable skills from working in hospitality, activity centres, the forces or public services, we would be excited to hear from you and can provide you all the training and support to succeed and develop, being a Residential Childcare Worker.
To be successful in this role you will be:
- Committed to providing an excellent level of care for our young people
- Enthusiastic in your approach to tough challenges
- Assertive in difficult situations
- Open to new ways of thinking around our therapeutic model and parenting
- Able to remain calm under pressure
- A strong communicator with great interpersonal skills
- Hold a Full driving licence and your own vehicle
- Flexible in providing consistent support to the young people in our care
- Seeking career and personal development
- Are you ready to transform the life of a young person or child in crisis? Begin your personal journey today with Bryn Melyn Care.
Bryn Melyn Care is part of the Outcomes First Group, we are determined to allow our employees the opportunity to develop and progress within our organisation. We have structured development pathways available and we actively encourage all staff to achieve their full potential. We have a professional, friendly and supportive culture company wide. We work together with excellence, integrity and respect to continuously allow better futures for the children and young people that call BMC home.
We strive for every employee here at Bryn Melyn Care to have nothing but pride when working with us and when supporting our Children and Young People.
Are you seeking that work life balance?
Are you longing for a vocation not just to a “job”?
- Entry Level salary of £21,200 per annum
- Competitive overtime rates
- Generous annual leave scheme with enhancements for service
- Personal Pension
- Life Assurance
- In-house L&D team offering robust and continuous training
- 2 week intensive induction and training in PRICE, Foundations for Attachment (including PACE), Emergency First Aid etc.
- 24 hour Employee Assistance Programme
Bryn Melyn Care (BMC) is a leading provider of therapeutic, residential care, independent education and integrated clinical services for children and young people with multiple and complex needs. We deliver a portfolio of specialist services for young people ages 8 – 18+, from crisis and assessment placement, through to long-term placement and preparation for independent living.
At Bryn Melyn Care we are continuously developing services in care and education for children and young people with a range of emotional and behavioural needs (EBD). We have 27 residential homes across Shropshire, North Wales and Powys. Our homes consist of solo bedded homes, multi bedded homes; for up to 2-4 children or young people. We have our own independent Ofsted approved school for our children and young people allowing us to cater to their individual specialist educational needs (SEN).
THE RECRUITMENT PROCESS:
All applicants are required to complete an application form prior to attending an interview, as part of our commitment to Safer Recruitment. In addition, successful applicants will be required to hold an enhanced plus barred DBS check (which we will pay for). Full employment references are also required and comprehensive background checks completed.
If this sounds like the role for you, please apply now. For additional information, please contact our recruitment team at firstname.lastname@example.org. Or to apply please visit our website at https://www.outcomesfirstgroup.co.uk/vacancies.
We are committed to the safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people. All successful applicants will be subject to a fully Enhanced DBS