Job Title: Sales Ledger Assistant
Contract Type: Permanent - Full Time
Salary: £18,000 - £20,000 per annum
About the Role
We have a fantastic opportunity for a Sales Ledger Assistant to join our team at the Bolton Office. Working closely with the Sales Invoicing Controller and Credit Control Team you will be responsible for accurately processing incoming funds and following local authority procedure to ensure remittance advice is processed effectively. The role involves an excellent level of customer service to make sure all cash receipting and allocation is effectively managed whilst dealing with any incoming queries in a timely manner.
About the Group
Outcomes First Group is the largest independent provider of high quality foster care and special needs education and care. We are a vital part of local communities in England, Scotland, Wales and Northern Ireland with a renowned reputation for quality and positive outcomes for the people we educate and care for.
Our divisional brands include Acorn Education and Care, National Fostering Group and Options.
Who we are looking for
The ideal candidate will be comfortable in a fast paced work setting, with a good understanding and application of MS Excel at least Intermediate level. The post holder will work well independently and have the ability to work to monthly deadlines and KPIs. Excellent communication and interpersonal skills are essential, as you will be liaising with managers and customers on a daily basis. You will be responsible for maintaining the daily cash postings for the sales ledger, posting journals, monthly bank reconciliations and sales ledger allocations.
- Highly numerate and comfortable handling financial data
- Minimum of 5 GCSEs, including Mathematics and English (at Grade B or above)
- Positive, flexible attitude with a professional demeanour
- Excellent initiative
Why work for us?
- Holidays starting at 25 days per annum
- Extensive training suite
- Career development across the Group
- Professional support network
- “Your Wellbeing Matters"- access to a wide range of first-class mental health support services
- Employee Rewards Hub – access to discounts, offers and cashback with 100s of retailers
We are committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and we expect all employees to share this commitment and undertake appropriate checks.
We are an Equal Opportunities Employer