Duke of Edinburgh’s Award Manager/Adventures Lead
Location: Home Based (covers all regions) with expectations of travel
Hours: Full time
Salary: £27,000 to £30,000, mileage, pension and employee benefits
About the role:
We are looking for an enthusiastic Duke of Edinburgh’s Award Manager/Adventures Lead who will be responsible for the vision, co-ordination, smooth running, safety, growth and success of the award in all our services. You will help us grow participant numbers and our network of leaders, assessors, supervisors and volunteers. This role will also deliver other adventure opportunities, such as expeditions with British Exploring Society. We need someone with drive and motivation and in return we will help you to expand on your skill set and get involved with all our exciting Group projects.
This role sits in the established Group Outcomes Team, comprised of roles designed to support our children, young people and adults and deliver on our pledge to those we serve.
Who we are looking for?
We are looking for someone that has lots of outdoor education experience and understands the huge benefits of delivering programmes to young people. You will have delivered the Duke of Edinburgh’s Award as a leader, supervisor and/or assessor (with appropriate qualifications). We are looking for someone who is incredibly passionate about the award, committed to improving the lives of children and young people by providing them with these types of amazing opportunities. You will be driven by securing good quality outcomes with lasting impact for young people, and your previous experience and personal statement on application will reflect this.
Ideally, you will have project management experience, backed up with excellent administration skills with the ability to communicate and influence at all levels. You will be process-led, have meticulous attention to detail and comfortable with using eDofE. You thrive in a target-driven role and understand the importance of measuring the impact of programmes on outcomes.
Person Specification at a glance
- An unwavering commitment to the protection and safeguarding of children, young people and adults
- Duke of Edinburgh’s Award Leader/eDofE experience
- ML (Mountain Leader) qualification (Summer and Winter)
- Experience of working with young people or those who are vulnerable
- Relevant experience of delivering expedition training/expeditions to young people
- Relevant First Aid qualification
- Project management experience/excellent administrator
- Experience of driving outcome-led programmes and evidencing the impact
- Experience of delivering on targets
- High levels of safety awareness and risk management
- Passionate about the award, able to use initiative, positive and friendly
- Duke of Edinburgh’s Award Assessor and/or Supervisor qualification
- Experience of delivering the Duke of Edinburgh’s Award for young people with special needs including social, emotional and mental health
- Ability to lead/join expeditions where necessary (not essential if an injury is why you want to step back from delivery)
- Other outdoor education qualifications
- D1 classification on your driving licence
Outcomes First Group is the largest independent UK provider of high-quality foster care and special needs education and care for both children and adults. We partner closely with Local Authorities and foster parents to create the best possible opportunities and outcomes for children and adults in our care.
Our vision is to build incredible futures by empowering those in our services to be happy and to make their way in the world. Every day we improve the lives of children, young people, adults, their families and communities through a strong focus on caring, learning and outcomes.
Why work for us?
- Holidays starting at 25 days per annum
- Extensive training suite
- Career development across the group
- Professional support network
- Excellent training programmes
- “Your Wellbeing Matters”
- Employee Rewards Hub
* Please ensure you evidence your relevant Duke of Edinburgh Award experience when applying
* Please ensure you give a detailed personal statement evidencing your suitability for the role.
We are committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people, and we expect all employees to share this commitment. All appropriate safeguarding/DBS checks will be undertaken as part of the recruitment process.
We are an Equal Opportunities Employer