Job Title: Software Developer
Contract Type: Fixed Term – Full Time (12 month contract)
Salary: Up to £40,000, depending on experience
Who we are looking for
About the Role
This is an exciting time to join a growing IT team as we transform into a market leading IT function. We have a fantastic opportunity for an experienced Software Developer to join us at our Bolton Office. Reporting to the Digital Architect, you will be the technical point of contact for software implementation across our Central Function, as well as providing support for the enhancement and development of our core systems. You will work closely with end-users and SaaS providers, often bridging the gap between solution capabilities and business needs. The role also involves analysing and planning the installation of software features in order to develop user acceptance tests for our Central Function products. The Product Owner will be working in an Agile team structure, utilising Scrum arrangements when necessary.
- Strong understanding of database technology such as MySQL, SQL and MongoDB
- Ability to develop unit testing of code components or complete applications
- Proficiency on AWS web services and Node JS
- Excellent attention to detail
- Strong stakeholder management
- Must have excellent organisational skills
- Team player with a passion for excellent customer service
About the Group
Outcomes First Group is the largest independent provider of high quality foster care and special needs education and care. We are a vital part of local communities in England, Scotland, Wales and Northern Ireland with a renowned reputation for quality and positive outcomes for the people we educate and care for.
Our divisional brands include Acorn Education and Care, National Fostering Group and Options.
Why work for us?
- Holidays starting at 25 days per annum
- Extensive training suite
- Career development across the Group
- Professional support network
- “Your Wellbeing Matters"- access to a wide range of first-class mental health support services
- Employee Rewards Hub – access to discounts, offers and cashback with 100s of retailers
We are committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and we expect all employees to share this commitment and undertake appropriate checks.
We are an Equal Opportunities Employer