Job Title: Food Tech Instructor
Salary: £18780 to £24735 dependent on experience
Location: New Barn School, Newbury, Berkshire
Hours: Mon-Fri 8.30-4.30
Outcome First New Barn is an Ofsted ‘Good’ rated School. It offers a broad, balanced and relevant curriculum to boys and girls, aged 6 – 19 years who have Social, Emotional and Mental Health complexities. New Barn School takes full advantage of its beautiful settings and fosters a love for using the outdoor curriculum including forest school, farm experiences and horse riding. The School is within a commutable distance of Swindon, Oxford, Andover, Basingstoke and Reading and other surrounding towns and villages.
Outcome First Children’s Services is a national provider of specialist therapeutic children’s homes and schools for boys and girls with social, emotional and mental health difficulties (SEMH). Our services offer a stable, secure and supportive environment, in which the children and young people we care for can develop the skills and confidence necessary to help them fulfil their potential.
Job Summary and Duties
Working as an Instructor for New Barn School, you will deliver fun educational based learning which is tailored around Numeracy, Literacy and Functional Skills for both individual pupils and small groups of students. You will be working in partnership with the teaching staff to ensure that behaviours are managed and students work to clear and relevant objectives to ensure they reach their full potential.
This role is offered on a permanent basis working Full Time Mon-Fri 8.30-4.30 per week (term time only).
In brief this role will involve:
- Effectively managing and teaching a group of students in line with the school mission statement
- Planning lessons for a wide range of ability, creating a calm environment which is stimulating and purposeful
- Organising a learning environment which enables students to take ownership of their learning
- Setting clear learning objectives for each lesson, monitoring student progress and performance
- Effectively communicating with teaching and residential staff, parents and external multi-agencies
Key Skills Required:
- Hold a relevant qualification in Food Technology – experience of teaching in this subject area
- A sound understanding of the complexity of special education needs (SEN)
- Experience of working and teaching children and young people with emotional and behaviour difficulties who may have challenging behaviour preferred
- A caring, positive and sensitive attitude towards pupils which values all individuals
- Full UK Driving Licence
Please apply online now or call the Recruitment team 0330 998 0441 for more information
Please also note, we reserve the right to close the vacancy early should we receive a significant number of suitable applications.
Outcomes First Group is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of everyone in our care. This post is subject to an enhanced DBS check and suitable references will be sought prior to your employment start date.