Job Title: Business Administrator Apprentice
Hours: 37.5 per week
Location: Solva House, Springmeadow Business Park, Wentloog, CF3 2ES
Salary: up to £9,000 per annum
Contract: 18-month fixed term contract
About the Group
Outcomes First Group is the largest independent provider of high-quality foster care and special needs education and care. We are a vital part of local communities in England, Scotland, Wales and Northern Ireland with a renowned reputation for quality and positive outcomes for the people we educate and care for.
Our divisional brands include Acorn Education and Care, National Fostering Group, and Options.
About the role
This is an exciting time to join our administration team who are dedicated to supporting Local Authorities by providing short or long-term foster placements for thousands of vulnerable children and teenagers throughout the UK.
The successful candidate will be supported by the team and will work closely with their mentor to experience and learn key skills required to provide a comprehensive administrative service.
As an administration apprentice, you will experience many aspects of the service, such as how we provide a high-quality service to all internal and external stakeholders.
You will also be supported to effectively be the first point of contact for all visitors and phone calls, dealing with queries effectively and confidentially. You will be in your comfort zone supporting the team and managers with minuting, projects and research when required.
The administrative apprentice will be joining a supportive and caring team who put a relentless focus on the outcomes of the children and young people in our care.
Whilst working toward your qualification you will gain skills in:
- Personal Development
- Service delivery and communication
- Problem solving and process improvement
- English and Maths Functional Skills Level 2 (or have achieved this by the end of the course)
- Good IT skills: ability to use Microsoft Office packages including Work, Excel and Outlook. Training will also be given
- Excellent relationship building skills
- High level of attention to detail and high level of accuracy
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Excellent interpersonal and communications skills, in person, by telephone and in email
- Exceptional time management & organisational skills
- A friendly professional manner and appearance
- Driven and self-motivated
Why work for us
- Holidays starting at 25 days per annum
- Extensive training suite
- Career development across the Group
- Professional support network
- “Your Wellbeing Matters”
- Employee Rewards Hub
We are committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and we expect all employees to share this commitment and undertake appropriate checks.
We are an Equal Opportunities Employer