Bank Residential Support Worker
Location: Littlehampton, West Sussex
Salary: £8.72 - £9.70 per hour
Hours: Bank, as / when required
Options Beach Road, a 5 bedded residential service who currently support 5 male clients with challenging behaviour and a range of learning disabilities are recruiting for a Support Worker/Care Assistant. Our home is within easy commute of Arundel, Bognor Regis, Goring-By-Sea and surrounding towns.
Options Autism is a national provider of specialist education, care and therapeutic services for children, young people and adults with autism, complex needs and learning difficulties. We provide a person-centred approach to education and care, looking at the full needs of the individual and adapting our approach accordingly.
Job Summary and Duties:
As a Bank Support Worker, your role will involve working at our specialist home to support our adults with a range of learning disabilities. Each with their own individual personalities and levels of independence, the role of Bank Support Worker provides daily personal care and helps our adults to develop independent life skills. Involved in their daily routine and a range of social activities, this role would suit an enthusiastic and committed individual, with or without previous experience.
This role is offered on a bank contract and will give you the flexibility to choose your hours against our shift availability. This would mean covering shifts at short notice for staff sickness, training or annual leave days. Full time or part time hours may be offered.
We offer a thorough induction and training programme, to include completion of your care certificate. Duties for this role will involve:
- Supporting learning experiences at home and the wider community using a variety of communication techniques
- Developing personal and practical skills to enhance independent living
- Encouraging participation in daily activities, domestic duties and personal care
- Managing complex and challenging behaviour
- Reporting and recording key aspects of care
Key Skills Required
- Hold or be willing to work towards Health & Social Care Level 2 or equivalent
- Keen to learn with a positive, passionate and enthusiastic approach
- Effective communication skills both written and verbal
- Ability to record information accurately
- Flexibility to work shifts and complete sleep-in duties
- Must hold a full, UK clean driving licence
Please note, we reserve the right to close the vacancy early should we receive a significant number of suitable applications.
If your application is successful all interviews may take place via video call at this time. Please ensure you are able to access either Skype or MS Teams.
Outcomes First Group is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of everyone in our care and therefore this post is subject to an enhanced DBS check where suitable references will be sought prior to your employment start date.