IT 2nd Line Support Engineer
Location: Bolton, Greater Manchester.
Salary: Up to £25,000 dependent on experience
Contract: Permanent, Full Time
About the Group
Outcomes First Group is the largest independent provider of high quality foster care and special needs education and care. We are a vital part of local communities in England, Scotland, Wales and Northern Ireland with a renowned reputation for quality and positive outcomes for the people we care for.
Our specialist care, education and therapeutic services support children and young adults with complex needs and learning disabilities including autism and social, emotional and mental health difficulties (SEMH). Our approach increases the likelihood of positive outcomes by creating an established platform for each pupil, foster child and resident to develop both personally and academically, preparing them for their transition to adulthood.
Our divisional brands include Acorn Education and Care, Hillcrest, National Fostering Group, Options, Pathway Care Residential and Sunflower Fostering.
About the Role:
This is a fantastic opportunity for you to join a growing IT team based in Bolton. As the 2nd Line Support Engineer, you will be receiving and handling IT incidents and Service Requests.
Reporting to the IT Service Desk Manager, you will be the first point of contact for staff that require IT support and log them on our service desk. You will own and monitor tickets until resolution, keeping end users updated at all times to maintain a good standard of customer service. You will be responsible for troubleshooting and resolving 1st/2nd line IT issues for the Group.
Communication is key as you will also be liaising with suppliers to maintain and replenish stocks of spare parts and consumables. You will also organise the transportation of hardware items to and from regional offices and schools.
Who we are looking for?
We are looking for someone who can demonstrate a willingness to learn and develop your own personal skills and capability though on-going training as agreed with your line manager. Please note that you will be expected to travel to other school and office locations in the UK.
You will have excellent customer service skills with a keen interest in IT. The successful candidate should have the ability to meet tight deadlines and work calmly under pressure. You should be able to work with challenging customers whilst maintaining a professional and friendly demeanour.
Experience of working for an IT Service Desk Team or MSP is essential.
- Liaise with regional offices and schools on a regular basis to confirm all systems and services are operating as required.
- Own and monitor all calls to resolution, escalating where necessary to line management
- Maintain, organise and manage the hardware database. Ensure all requests are completed for all areas of the business.
- Log all communications on to the incident management system
- Organise the transportation of hardware items to and from regional offices and schools.
- Liaise with external suppliers regarding the repair of equipment under warranty or maintenance contract.
- Support the 1st line team to help them complete their tasks and develop their skills.
- Escalate 2nd line support issues that need to be managed by the 3rd line team.
- Site visits where required to complete tasks that can’t be undertaken remotely.
- Educated either professional (Microsoft MCSA) or public in IT at degree level.
- Experience of working on an IT Service Desk or MSP
- Good knowledge of Microsoft products from Windows Server, Windows 10, MS Office, etc
- Be able to work alone and tackle tasks proactively.
- Show good initiative and take ownership of tasks or issues
- Has a professional and friendly demeanour, positive and flexible attitude and excellent inter-personal and communication skills
- Driving License
We are committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and we expect all employees to share this commitment and undertake appropriate checks.
We are an Equal Opportunities employe