Job Title: Registered Manager - Children’s Residential - Eyton House
Salary: 38,000 - 42,000 per annum, depending on experience
If you really want to make your mark in a rapidly growing business that is committed to improving the lives of children, we have the role for you!
We’re looking for a Registered Manager to join our team at Eyton House. Someone who can deliver a holistic and integrated approach to care and who can work alongside education and clinical services would be perfect for this role.
About the Home
Hillcrest Eyton House is a newly registered 6 bed residential children’s home offering care and support to children aged 7 - 18 years with social, emotional and behavioural difficulties. Located in a rural setting, situated close to Weston-under-Lizard, Eyton House provides a caring, structured and homely environment for our children. The home is supported by a specialist independent Ofsted registered school that provides our residents a safe, stimulating and nurturing environment to support their personal and academic needs. We are within commuting distance of Telford, Cannock, Stafford, Great Wyrley, Wolverhampton, Walsall and other surrounding towns and villages.
About the Role
Working as a Registered Manager you will take full responsibility of an independent, Ofsted registered, 6 bed children’s residential home. Through an innovative and person-centred approach, you will undertake management of the efficient operation, delivery and development of a residential SEMH service. As an effective manager, you will also ensure the highest quality of Therapeutic care and support is provided to all children whilst also leading and motivating an established care team.
This role is offered on a permanent, full-time basis, working 40 hours per week in any 7 day cycle (normally between 9 am – 5.00 pm, Monday – Friday although flexibility is required to accommodate the needs of the business, including evenings and weekends).
Following a thorough induction and training programme, your duties will include:
- Managing a home and ensuring you provide effective support to all our children, developing personal and practical skills to enhance independent living
- Supervising a team of Residential Care Workers and Team Leaders to include recruitment, mentoring, guidance, appraisals and induction.
- Completing regular reviews of support plans in line with individual needs, statutory guidelines and company policies.
- Providing strategic development of services to ensure best practice, continuous improvement and compliance with legal and regulatory requirements.
- Managing complex and challenging behaviour
In return our benefits include:
- Attractive holiday entitlement
- Automatic pension scheme enrolment
- Discounted retail vouchers
- Access to an Employee Assistance Programme
- The chance to earn additional payments through our Refer a Friend scheme
Key Skills Required
- Hold a minimum qualification of RMA or QCF L4, Level 3 Diploma in Residential Childcare or equivalent and be willing to work towards Level 5 Diploma in Leadership for Health & Social Care and Children & Young Peoples Service
- Previous experience in a managerial position within a children’s (SEMH) Ofsted registered residential setting
- Strong leadership skills and the ability to motivate others with experience supervising and managing staff
- Experience of working with external providers and professional bodies
- Passionate about providing quality care and support to young people who can display challenging behaviour
- Hold a full, valid UK driving licence and be willing to drive as part of the role
About the Group
We are part of Acorn Education and Care and can promise you plenty of challenges, and a rich variety of opportunities to develop your career.
We provide Education and Care across a number of schools and residential homes nationally. Our specialist SEN provision, coupled with our expertise within residential care means we offer thousands of vulnerable children across the UK a holistic, wraparound care, residential and education service, empowering them with everything they need to flourish. It is by no accident that 94% of our schools and homes are rated as 'Outstanding' or 'Good'.
We welcome staff who share our commitment to help children experience better days and better lives. Through ongoing development and training, we ensure our staff are well prepared for their jobs and given every opportunity to extend their skills.
Applications are invited online though the Acorn Education & Care Website (www.acorncare.co.uk). If you have any further questions regarding how to apply please contact (phone number) or email (email address)
We are committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people. All successful applicants will be subject to fully Enhanced DBS. We expect all our employees to share this commitment and strive to achieve the best outcome possible for everybody in our care. A full application form must be completed with all employment dates accurate and gaps in employment accounted for.