Residential Care Worker
Location: Chipping Norton, Oxfordshire.
Salary: Up to £24,919 dependent on experience
Hours: Full Time
Hillcrest Oathill Lodge is an Ofsted ‘Good’ registered independent children’s home offering residential care for children & young people aged 12-16 years with social, emotional and mental health difficulties. The 7 bedded home, set in a rural location in Oxfordshire offers a holistic model of care and education for the residents, which is designed to provide an enriching and positive environment. Oathill Lodge is within commutable distance from Banbury, Charlbury, Kingham, Oxford, Bicester, Aylesbury and other surrounding towns and villages.
Hillcrest Children’s Services is a national provider of specialist therapeutic children’s homes and schools for boys and girls with social, emotional and mental health difficulties (SEMH). Our services offer a stable, secure and supportive environment, in which the children and young people we care for can develop the skills and confidence necessary to help them fulfil their potential.
Job Summary and Duties
This role is offered on a full time basis. This role would suit an experienced support worker, or someone looking to start their career in the Health and Social Care sector.
Following a thorough induction and training programme, your duties will include:
- Supporting the young people’s emotional needs throughout the shift, managing their routine and any challenging behaviour
- Undertaking a range of domestic duties to include washing, ironing, cleaning, making and preparing breakfast / lunch / dinner.
- Building positive and appropriate working relationships with the young people and using effective strategies to manage behaviour
- Communicating with the wider care team to promote consistency throughout the home
This role is offered on a permanent contract.
Key Skills Required
- You must hold or be willing to work towards a Level 3 Diploma for Residential Child Care or equivalent qualification
- Ability to provide consistent and structured approach to the care and support you provide
- Able to work independently and as part of a team
- Previous experience working with children and young adults with challenging behaviour
- Have the flexibility and willingness to work shifts, including weekends
- Hold a Full UK Driving Licence
Please apply online now.
Please also note, we reserve the right to close the vacancy early should we receive a significant number of suitable applications
Outcomes First Group is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of everyone in our care are therefore his post is subject to an enhanced DBS check where suitable references will be sought prior to your employment start date.