Senior Residential Care Worker
Location: Ashley Lodge, North Hampshire.
Salary: Up to £24,678 dependent on experience
Hours: 2 day on / 3 days off
Contract: Permanent, Full Time
Hillcrest Ashley Lodge is an Ofsted ‘Outstanding’ registered independent children’s home offering residential care for children & young people aged 7-17 years with social, emotional and mental health difficulties. The 5 bedded home, set in a rural location in North Hampshire, offers a holistic model of care and education for the residents, which is designed to provide an enriching and positive environment. Ashley Lodge is within commutable distance from Reading, Basingstoke, Newbury, Slough and other surrounding towns and villages.
Hillcrest Children’s Services is a national provider of specialist therapeutic children’s homes and schools for boys and girls with social, emotional and mental health difficulties (SEMH). Our services offer a stable, secure and supportive environment, in which the children and young people we care for can develop the skills and confidence necessary to help them fulfil their potential.
Job Summary and Duties
Working as a Senior Residential Care Worker you will be supporting management by supervising a team of support workers on a day to day basis and co-ordinating the shifts within the residential home. You will ensure smooth and consistent care practices are operating within a safe and homely environment to encourage positive behaviours to which the children and young people care develop and grow within.
This role is offered on a full time basis working on a 2 on 3 off shift pattern, plus sleep in duties which are paid at an additional rate. This is an exciting opportunity for someone who has previous experience in residential child care looking to take the next step into a supervisory position.
Following a thorough induction and training programme, your duties will include:
- Leading shifts and supervising junior members of staff
- Undertake agreed, delegated management responsibilities on an ongoing basis
- Supporting the young people’s emotional needs
- Contributing towards maintaining a safe, warm and homely environment
- Building effective relationships with both the young people and key stakeholders
- Reporting and recording key aspects of care
- Managing challenging behaviours
In return our benefits include:
- Attractive holiday entitlement
- Automatic pension scheme enrolment
- Discounted retail vouchers
- Access to an Employee Assistance Programme
- The chance to earn additional payments through our Refer a Friend scheme
Key Skills Required
- Ideally you have achieved your Level 3 Diploma for Residential Childcare or be willing to train towards
- Experience in supporting children and young people in a residential setting, ideally having experience managing challenging behaviour
- Effective communication skills both written and verbal
- Diligent, enthusiastic and passionate
- Ability to work independently or as part as a team
- Hold a Full UK Driving Licence
Please also note, we reserve the right to close the vacancy early should we receive a significant number of suitable applications.
Outcomes First Group is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of everyone in our care and therefore this post is subject to an enhanced DBS check where suitable references will be sought prior to your employment start date