Job Title: Learning and Development Trainer
Hours: 37.5 hours per week
Location: Home Based (in region) with travel across East Midlands, East of England and North East
Salary: Dependent on Experience
Contract: Permanent, Full Time
If you really want to make your mark in a rapidly growing business that is committed to improving the lives of children, young people and vulnerable adults, we have the role for you!
About the Group
Outcomes First Group is the largest independent provider of high quality foster care and special needs education and care. We are a vital part of local communities in England, Scotland, Wales and Northern Ireland with a renowned reputation for quality and positive outcomes for the people we educate and care for.
Our divisional brands include Acorn Education and Care, National Fostering Group and Options.
Some of our divisions have been recognised in 2020 as one of UK’s top 30 Best Workplaces™ by Great Place to Work.
About the Role
This is a really exciting time to join the Learning and Talent team as we create a world class learning offering for our carers and employees. The team are currently transitioning to provide an updated high quality, modern training and development offering that will enable outstanding outcomes for our children, young adults and vulnerable adults.
We are recruiting for a Learning and Development Trainer for the East region. This role will be responsible for delivering consistently high quality training solutions for our carers and employees.
Working in a regional team of two, you will act as the specialist in your area to inform and drive continuous improvement of the learning solutions. Customer service is at the heart of the function, you will go above and beyond to ensure the needs of our carers and employees are met.
The areas you will cover will include: Norfolk, Suffolk, Essex, Cambridgeshire, Bedfordshire, Herefordshire, Derbyshire, Nottinghamshire, Lincolnshire, Leicestershire, Rutland, Northamptonshire.
Who we are looking for
The successful candidate will have existing experience of delivering a wide variety of training activities to a range of audiences. We are looking for someone who reflects systematically on the impacts of learning to ensure continuous improvement and make sure that learning is embedded. You’ll be confident in creating materials, solutions and training that impacts the behaviour of the audience.
You’ll be in your comfort zone working effectively with a variety of different stakeholders and building trusted relationships.
We are looking for consultants with training experience in education, safeguarding, child care, foster carer training as well as some soft skills and management development training
Experience within children’s services is advantageous, but not essential.
- Experienced in delivering wide range of training activities to variety of audiences
- Knowledgeable of different learning need styles and evidences how these are embedded in course / learning solution materials
- Engaging in their training style, ensuring everyone is brought along
- Proven track record of creating materials, solutions and delivering learning that impacts behaviour
- Systematically measures results and checks embedding of learning
- Able to talk to anybody at any level and builds professional relationships effectively
- Puts customer service and experience at the heart of their thinking and approach, going out of their way to delight the customer
Why work for us
- You have the ability to make a real difference to those in our care
- Holidays starting at 25 days per annum
- Extensive training suite
- Career development across the Group
- Professional support network
We are committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and we expect all employees to share this commitment and undertake appropriate checks.
We are an Equal Opportunities Employer