Hillcrest Oathill Lodge is an Ofsted ‘Good’ registered independent children’s home offering residential care for children & young people aged 12-16 years with social, emotional and mental health difficulties. The 7 bedded home, based in the small village of Enstone, North Oxfordshire offers a therapeutic model of care and education for the residents, which is designed to provide an enriching and positive environment. Oathill Lodge is within commuting distance of Cheltenham, Banbury, Bicester, Milton Keynes, Oxford and other surrounding towns and villages.
Hillcrest Children’s Services is a national provider of specialist therapeutic children’s homes and schools for boys and girls with social, emotional and mental health difficulties (SEMH). Our services offer a stable, secure and supportive environment, in which the children and young people we care for can develop the skills and confidence necessary to help them fulfil their potential
Job Summary and Duties:
Supporting the night time routine of the children and young people with social, emotional and mental health difficulties, the role of Night Residential Care Worker has responsibility to ensure the children are offered a positive and safe environment, assisting the young people with their needs during the night. Whilst the people we support sleep, you will be expected to complete a range of domestic duties to ensure the cleanliness of the home, whilst also preparing packed lunches and assisting with breakfast duties in the morning.
This role is offered on a full time basis, working 4 night per week (40 hours); shifts will be 10 hours each working 9:30pm-7:30am. (Please note this is a waking night position and therefore you are expected to stay awake during your shift). This role would suit an experienced support worker, or someone looking to start their career in the Health and Social Care sector.
Following a thorough induction and training programme, your duties will include:
- Supporting the young people’s emotional needs throughout the night, managing their night time routine and any challenging behaviour
- Undertaking a range of domestic duties to include washing, ironing, cleaning, making lunches and preparing breakfast
- Building positive and appropriate working relationships with the young people and using effective strategies to manage behaviour
- Communicating with the wider care team to promote consistency throughout the home
Key Skills Required
- Previous experience working with children or young people preferred, although not essential
- Have a genuine desire to undertake tasks associated with parenting a child with challenging behaviour
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team
- Committed to work permanent waking night shifts including weekends
- Hold a Full UK Driving License
Please apply online now or call 0330 998 0441 for Recruitment for further information.
Please also note, we reserve the right to close the vacancy early should we receive a significant number of suitable applications
Outcomes First Group is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of everyone in our care and therefore this post is subject to an enhanced DBS check where suitable references will be sought prior to your employment start date.