Hillcrest Birches is an Ofsted ‘ Outstanding’ registered 4 bed residential children’s home offering care and support to children and young people aged 6-13 years with social, emotional and behavioural difficulties. Located in the Telford area, Birches provides a caring, structured and homely environment for our young people. The home is supported by a specialist independent Ofsted registered school that provides our residents a safe, stimulating and nurturing environment to support their personal and academic needs. We are within commuting distance of Shrewsbury, Wolverhampton, Stafford, Walsall and other surrounding towns and villages.
Outcomes First Group is the largest independent provider of high quality foster care and special needs education and care. We are a vital part of local communities in England, Scotland, Wales and Northern Ireland with a renowned reputation for quality and positive outcomes for the people we care for.
Our specialist care, education and therapeutic services support children and young adults with complex needs and learning disabilities including autism and social, emotional and mental health difficulties (SEMH). Our approach increases the likelihood of positive outcomes by creating an established platform for each pupil, foster child and resident to develop both personally and academically, preparing them for their transition to adulthood.
Job Summary and Duties
Working as a Therapeutic Support Worker you will join an established care team in the mentoring and educating of children and young people who can display challenging behaviour. This position focuses on developing independent life skills whilst providing a therapeutic care environment. Staff are also involved in participating in a range of activities, this includes swimming, athletics, camping, ice skating, bowling and day trips to local centres.
This role is offered on a full-time, permanent basis with flexible shifts available working either a 1 on 2 off shift pattern or 2 on 4 off shift pattern.
Following a thorough induction and training programme, your duties will include:
- Supporting, mentoring and educating our children in day to day activities to develop their emotional and social needs
- Developing personal and practical skills to enhance independent living
- Positive engagement to encourage our children and young adults in their development
- Reporting and recording key aspects of care and developing your professional skills as part of on-going development
- Managing complex behaviour that can be challenging
Key Skills required:
- Hold or be willing to work towards the Level 3 Diploma for Residential Child Care or equivalent qualification
- Ability to provide consistent and structured approach to the care and support you provide
- Able to work independently and as part of a team
- Previous experience working with children and young adults with challenging behaviour
- Have the flexibility and willingness to work shifts, including weekends
- Hold a Full UK Driving Licence and be prepared to drive as part of the role
Please apply online now or call the Recruitment team on 0330 998 0441
Please also note, we reserve the right to close the vacancy early should we receive a significant number of suitable applications.
Outcomes First Group is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of everyone in our care and therefore this post is subject to an enhanced DBS check where suitable references will be sought prior to your Interview.