Night Bank Support Worker, Adult Autism – Worthing, Options West Sussex
Salary: £8.72 - £9.35 per hour, depending on experience
Options West Sussex support adults with learning disabilities in their own home and as a business, we provide services to a range adults and children with a diagnosis of Autism and Learning Disabilities and employ c4400 staff across the UK. We are within commuting distance of Goring-By-Sea, Lancing, Findon, Ferring, Clapham and surrounding towns.
Options Autism is a national provider of specialist education, care and therapeutic services for children, young people and adults with autism, complex needs and learning difficulties. We provide a person-centred approach to education and care, looking at the full needs of the individual and adapting our approach accordingly.
As a Night Bank Support Worker, you will help to develop our customer’s independent life skills by visiting them in their own home to provide care and support to those who require assistance with day to day tasks. You may work at a range of different services in the Worthing area on a bank contract which will give you the flexibility to choose your shifts against our availability.
This role would either suit an experienced Support Worker or someone looking to start their career within the Health and Social Care Sector as full training is provided.
Following a thorough induction and training programme, your duties will include:
- Supporting learning experiences at home and the wider community using a variety of communication techniques
- Developing personal and practical skills to enhance independent living
- Encouraging participation in daily activities, domestic duties and personal care
- Reporting and recording key aspects of care
Key Skills Required:
- Hold or be willing to work towards Level 2 Diploma is Health & Social Care (Adults)
- Keen to learn with a positive, passionate and enthusiastic approach
- Effective communication skills both written and verbal
- Ability to record information accurately
- Flexibility to complete sleep-in duties if required
- Car drivers are preferred however this is not essential
Please apply online now stating the hours you would like to work or call 01789 767800 for further information.
Please note, we reserve the right to close the vacancy early should we receive a significant number of suitable applications.
Please also note if your application is successful all interviews will take place via video call at this time. Please ensure you are able to access either Skype or MS Teams.
Outcomes First Group is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of everyone in our care and therefore this post is subject to an enhanced DBS check where suitable references will be sought prior to your employment start date.