Job Title: Regional Training Services Manager – East Region
Hours: 37.5 hours per week
Location: Home Based (in region) with travel across the North East, East Midlands & East of England
Salary: £40,000 - £50,000 per annum
Car Allowance: £3,000
If you really want to make your mark in a rapidly growing business that is committed to improving the lives of children, young people and vulnerable adults, we have the role for you!
About the Group
Outcomes First Group is the largest independent provider of high quality foster care and special needs education and care. We are a vital part of local communities in England, Scotland, Wales and Northern Ireland with a renowned reputation for quality and positive outcomes for the people we educate and care for.
Our divisional brands include Acorn Education and Care, National Fostering Group and Options.
Some of our divisions have been recognised in 2020 as one of UK’s top 30 Best Workplaces™ by Great Place to Work.
About the Role
This is a really exciting time to join the Learning and Talent team as we create a world class learning offering for our carers and employees. The team are currently transitioning to provide an updated high quality, modern training and development offering that will enable outstanding outcomes for our children, young adults and vulnerable adults.
To help us on this journey we are recruiting for Regional Training Services Manager for our East region reporting into our Head of Training Services. This role will be responsible for developing close relationships with regional customers, and delivering high quality development and training, with exceptional customer service standards, alongside day to day leadership and management of the regional training team.
Supported by a team of four trainers and working alongside four fellow Regional Training Service Managers, you will act as the eyes and ears of the customer to the wider Learning and Talent function, sharing customer feedback to inform prioritisation and inform future planning. You will proactively continuously improve of the quality and performance of your training team and monitor the impact of development on outcomes. You will also be responsible for all aspects of coordination, management and leadership of your regional team including performance management, succession planning, development as well as day to day activities such as resourcing, attendance and employee relations.
Who we are looking for
The successful candidate will be an expert Learning and Development practitioner with a proven track record of leading a training team and delivering high standards of customer service and quality. The ideal candidate will also have experience in an Education, Care or Fostering related environment. We want someone who is passionate about customer service and has a modern outlook on the future of learning and development.
The candidate will also have significant experience of delivering efficiencies and continuously improving team performance. You’ll be in your comfort zone working effectively with a variety of different stakeholders, be comfortable working as a team or alone and be able to influence effectively within the team and wider group.
Experience within children’s services is advantageous, but not essential.
- Experience of leading and managing regional training teams delivering a wide range of training solutions to a broad customer base
- Track record of delivering efficiencies, continuously improving team performance and outputs to budget
- Proven track record of delivering high standards of customer service & quality standards
- Able to diffuse difficult situations and resolve issues in a customer service driven way
- Expert L&D practitioner, able to know what good looks like
- Used to working with ROI measurement & outcomes analysis
- Experienced in budget management
- Motivational and structured people leader
- Able to deal with all aspects of people leadership, i.e. recruitment, on boarding performance management, employee relations issues (disciplinary, grievance, conduct, attendance etc), development, succession planning
- Driven and self-motivated
- Professional and effective influencer of others
- Organised and structured approach to work
- 5 GCSE’s including Maths & English
- CIPD qualified (or equivalent experience)
Why work for us
- You have the ability to make a real difference to those in our care
- Holidays starting at 25 days per annum
- Extensive training suite
- Career development across the Group
- Professional support network
We are committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and we expect all employees to share this commitment and undertake appropriate checks.
We are an Equal Opportunities Employer.