We’re committed to safeguarding and protecting the children and young people in our care. Read about our pre-employment checks so you understand what to expect if you’re offered a job.
Conditional offers of employment and pre-employment checks
Outcomes First Group is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children. If you apply to us, you must be willing to undergo Safer Recruitment screening appropriate to the role.
We’ll carry out a number of pre-employment checks on prospective employees in accordance with the recommendations set out in Keeping Children Safe in Education (2019) and our Safer Recruitment and Selection Policy.
Any offers of employment made after the interview will be conditional on the following:
- An identity check
- Verification of your right to work in the UK
- At least two satisfactory references, one of which must be from your current or most recent employer, and references should cover a total of three years. All references must be verified over the phone
- Verification of professional qualifications and professional status where required
- An explanation of any gaps in employment history
- A Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS) check appropriate to the role. This will include an enhanced DBS check and a barred list check for those engaged in regulated activity
Additional checks for roles in the Education division
- References are requested for education roles prior to interview
- Overseas police check covering at least ten years for applicants who have worked or lived abroad. It’s the responsibility of the candidate to obtain these police checks
- Section 128 check for management roles
- Teacher Prohibition Order check for all candidates working at an Education site
Additional checks in the Residential division
- Confirmation of reason for leaving from previous employers where the applicant has worked with children or vulnerable adults
- Overseas police check for applicants who have worked or lived abroad for over three months within the last ten years. It’s the responsibility of the candidate to obtain these police checks
Outcomes First Group is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of the children and vulnerable people in our care. Successful applicants will be subject to a Disclosure and Barring Service check. We expect all employees to understand our Group Safeguarding Policy and undertake training. We’ll undertake recruitment checks throughout the recruitment process where permission has been given by candidates.Visit our Careers Site