We're on a mission to give our colleagues an amazing work/life balance!
Job title: Pastoral Support Worker
Location: Longdon Hall School, near Lichfield, Staffordshire
Salary: £22,000 per annum
Hours: 37.5 hours per week, Monday to Friday
Contract: Permanent, Term Time only
Be the Pastoral member you’ve always wanted to be!
As part of our continued growth, we now have a fantastic opportunity for a Pastoral Support Worker to join our team at Longdon Hall School. If you are looking to join a dedicated team in a school that will welcome your ideas and aim to re-engage the young people we teach, come join our team.
About the Role
Throughout this role your aim is to be actively involved in the support and monitoring of student behaviour. You will implement agreed strategies to improve the behaviour of our students and monitor and analyse this behaviour using our online system. You will support and work with our Teachers and Senior Leadership Team to provide essential guidance to our SEN pupils who have learning, behavioural, social and physical disabilities. You will build positive relationships with pupils and parents to promote interaction and a constructive learning environment.
Our team at Longdon Hall are encouraged to take a creative approach, seeking ways to positively engage with and motivate pupils through their day which promotes learning and raises levels of attainment. You will assist with the organisation of a reward system to promote student responsibility and build a purposeful learning environment that meets each individual educational need. We would like you to be a familiar face throughout the school’s community and be a point of call for students, teachers and parents.
As a school, we believe and implement restorative principles, helping pupils to identify the root causes of their behaviour and helping them shape modified responses to stressful and anxiety provoking situations. You will be expected to train and research restorative principles, implementing restorative justice as part of the school’s behaviour management processes.
- Educated with GCSE passes Grade C or above in English and Maths.
- Experience of working with SEND pupils.
- Knowledge and experience of strategies to help students with social, emotional and behavioural challenges.
- ICT literate
- Excellent inter-personal and communication skills and a particular empathy for young people with additional needs.
- Sound planning and organising skills, able to look ahead, schedule tasks, deliver plans and prioritise.
- Ability to set and achieve targets and objectives for self and pupils based on the overall aims of the learning programme and individual learning needs.
- Able to record, communicate and retrieve information in a complete, timely and accurate manner.
- Able to create and sustain effective relationships with pupils, staff, parents and others.
About the school
Longdon Hall School is an independent specialist day school for ages from 7 to 18, catering for pupils with a wide range of social, emotional, and mental health needs. Our dedicated team work together to ensure successful outcomes for pupils who often arrive at the school with a troubled view of education and life.
Acorn Education & Care is the UK’s leading independent provider of specialist education and residential care for vulnerable pupils and young people. As part of Outcomes First Group, we are leading our sector in setting and delivering new approaches that provide measurable outcomes for those in our care.
Why join Acorn Education & Care?
Your health and wellbeing are important to us, so you’ll get an exceptional reward package including:
- Life Assurance
- Pension scheme with options to increase your contributions
- “Your Wellbeing Matters” – access to a wide range of first-class mental health support services and physical health checks
And a market-leading benefit offering through our Flexible Benefits Platform, Vista, enables you to choose the package that’s right for you, including:
- A wide range of health, wellbeing, and insurance benefits
- 100’s of discount options valid in the UK and abroad
- Cycle to Work Schemes
- Electric Car Purchase Scheme
- Critical illness cover
And that’s not all, we place the outcomes of the pupils and vulnerable young adults in our services at the heart of everything we do, so you’ll wake every day in the knowledge that your role will have a significant positive impact on the lives of others.
We are committed to the safeguarding and promoting the welfare of pupils and young people. All applicants will be subject to social media checks and successful applicants to a fully enhanced DBS.