Options Autism are hiring Senior Care Workers in the Dumfriesshire region!
Role: Senior Residential Care Worker
Salary: Up to £32,103.60 per annum inclusive of sleep-in payments
Hours: Full-time, Permanent (39 hours per week)
Location: Lochmaben, Dumfriesshire
Essential: A full driving licence, and the Right to Work in the UK
How we reward you
We want our occupants to have the best support possible, and therefore you’ll receive an exceptional rewards package including:
- Basic Salary: £27,783.60 per annum
- Sleep-ins paid at £45 per night
- ‘Journey to Management’ programme (all qualifications funded by us!)
- Annual Leave entitlement equivalent to 5.6 weeks per annum (with options to purchase more)
- Life Assurance
- Pension scheme with options to increase your contributions
- “Your Wellbeing Matters” – access to a wide range of first-class mental health support services and physical health checks Options Autism are recruiting Senior Residential Care Workers to join our teams within the Dumfriesshire area.
And market leading benefits offered through our Flexible Benefits Platform Vista that enable you to choose the package that’s right for you, including:
- A wide range of health, wellbeing, and insurance benefits
- 100’s of discount options valid in the UK and abroad, to use at high street stores, events, cinemas, restaurants and more!
- Critical illness cover
Our next Senior Residential Care Worker will be someone who has:
- Mandatory: HNC in Social Care, SVQ in Social Services (Children and Young People) - SCQF 7 (Level 3) or equivalent and the willingness to work toward an SVQ in Social Services (Children and Young People) - SCQF 9 (Level 4)
- At least two years supervisory experience
- A big heart and passion to make a difference to the occupants’ lives.
- Patience, resilience, and calmness.
Some of your duties will include:
- Chaperoning occupants to appointments and activities
- Completing relevant paperwork
- Household tasks
- Administering medication
- Lead, train and develop new and existing support workers within your team
- Helping the deputy manager to maintain a skilled and knowledgeable team
Holistic Childcare and Education consists of two accommodations, Closeburn House and Maben House.
Closeburn House is an eleven bed registered accommodation, supporting individuals from the ages of 10 – 16 years and is based in Closeburn. Maben House is a ten bed registered accommodation, supporting individuals from the ages of 6 – 16 years and is based in Lochmaben. Both are within commuting distance of Dumfries, Lockerbie and surrounding towns and villages..
Both homes are dedicated to build incredible futures by giving the occupants opportunities, developing their life skills and personal interests.
Your work will be challenging and rewarding in equal measure. Working in a residential environment where we maintain a strong safeguarding culture, individuals are listened to, respected, and involved in as many decisions as possible.
Options Autism is a national provider of specialist education, care and therapeutic services for individuals with autism, complex needs and learning difficulties. We provide a person-centred approach to education and support, looking at the full needs of the individual and adapting our approach accordingly.
To apply now please click Apply on Company Site and follow the on-screen instructions or call us today on 01204 927626 and speak to one our dedicated talent scouts!
Options Autism is part of Outcomes First Group. We are committed to the safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children, young people and adults. All successful applicants will be subject to a free fully Enhanced PVG and reimbursement of the Update Service Fee.