How would you like to be paid for five days but only work four*?
Our colleagues’ wellbeing is at the heart of everything we do at OFG, so we’re always looking for new ways to improve everyone’s work/life balance. We’re taking part in a trial of the 4-Day Working Week, meaning that you could be working one day less a week (or equivalent).
If the trial is a success, we’ll be rolling the 4DWW out across the Group – so there’s never been a more exciting time to join #teamOFG!
Job title: Assistant Headteacher - Pastoral, Behaviour and Personal Development
Location: Brookthorpe Hall School, Brookthorpe, Gloucestershire
Salary: Up to £45,000 per annum
Hours: 40 hours per week, Monday to Friday
Contract: Permanent, Term Time Only
The opportunity has arisen for a dynamic and ambitious Assistant Headteacher - Pastoral, Behaviour and Personal Development to join our school, working closely with the SLT team to effectively lead Brookthorpe Hall School and deliver our vision, mission and strategic priorities.
Our vision is to build incredible futures by empowering vulnerable young people in the UK to be happy and to make their way in the world. Every day we improve the lives of thousands of young people, their families and communities through a relentless focus on caring and learning.
About the role
The successful applicant will lead all safeguarding matters in BHS as the Senior Designated Safeguarding Lead. You will lead and direct/support the Safeguarding Team in strategy discussions and inter-agency meetings and contribute to the assessment of pupils. You will line manage the Deputy DSL.
You will lead and support other members of staff on pupil welfare and pupil protection matters and liaise with relevant agencies such as the local authority and police. There are some safeguarding activities may be delegated to the DSL, although the Assistant Head Teacher will retain lead responsibility for the work of all members of the safeguarding team and will ensure it is completed to the highest standard.
You will ensure pupil voice is obtained and acted upon to provide a supportive and safe environment for all learners who attend BHS School.
- Evidence of successful experience in a senior leadership role and school development
- Proven ability in building and leading a staff team, including delegation and effective follow-up.
- Evidence of successful experience in developing initiatives and managing change, generating enthusiasm for new ideas with staff and students
- Proven ability to lead through modelling exemplary autism practice.
- Knowledge and experience of current good practice in special education provision.
- Knowledge of pupil development and trauma informed practice.
- Knowledge of how to provide effective pastoral support for students and families.
- Proven ability to engage effectively in multi-agency working.
About the school
Brookthorpe Hall School is a specialist provision providing full-time specialised co-education for young people aged 7 to 16 with a range of complex needs, communication difficulties and associated challenging behaviour. This may include social, emotional and mental health needs and also pupils who have been diagnosed with autism or demonstrate behaviours associated with autism.
For over 16 years Options Autism have provided care and education to pupils, young people and adults with autism, complex needs and learning difficulties. As part of Outcomes First Group, we are leading our sector in setting and delivering new approaches that provide measurable outcomes for those in our care.
Why join Options Autism?
Your health and wellbeing are important to us, so you’ll get an exceptional reward package including:
- Life Assurance
- Pension scheme with options to increase your contributions
- “Your Wellbeing Matters” – access to a wide range of first-class mental health support services and physical health checks
And a market-leading benefit offering through our Flexible Benefits Platform, Vista, enables you to choose the package that’s right for you, including:
- A wide range of health, wellbeing, and insurance benefits
- 100’s of discount options valid in the UK and abroad
- Cycle to Work Schemes
- Electric Car Purchase Scheme
- Critical illness cover
And that’s not all, we place the outcomes of the pupils and vulnerable young adults in our services at the heart of everything we do, so you’ll wake every day in the knowledge that your role will have a significant positive impact on the lives of others.
We are committed to the safeguarding and promoting the welfare of pupils and young people. All applicants will be subject to social media checks and successful applicants to a fully enhanced DBS.
*You’ll work 80% of your contractual hours for 100% of your pay, giving you more time to do the things that make you happy.