At OFG, we work smarter so you can spend more time doing what makes you happy!
How would you like to be paid for five days but only work four*?
Our colleagues’ wellbeing is at the heart of everything we do at OFG, so we’re always looking for new ways to improve everyone’s work/life balance. We’re taking part in a trial of the 4-Day Working Week, meaning that you could be working one day less a week (or equivalent).
4DWW will be rolled out within our school, when we have a full complement of staff, and within the next year – so there’s never been a more exciting time to join us #teamOFG!
Job title: School Catering Manager
Location: Napier School, Farnborough, Hampshire
Hours: 18 hours per week (3 days), Monday to Friday
Salary: £20,000 pro rata
Contract: Fixed Term until 31/03/2024; Term time only
Must be UK based.
**This is a fixed term role and therefore the successful applicant must have an enhanced DBS check in place which is registered on the update service to facilitate a start date no later than January 2024**
To plan for and provide a freshly cooked and nutritious selection of meals to the students and staff of Napier School, ensuring an efficient operation which is compliant with Food Safety regulations.
- Supervising the catering operation in designated unit
- Lead the food production in an allocated unit
- Lead in all activities relating to meal production and service, including setting up of dining hall, and cleaning of both kitchen and hall after service
- Ensure the kitchen is compliant with all Food Hygiene and Health and Safety Legislation
- Ensure Kitchen is cleaned in line with Food and Hygiene requirements, including equipment, floors, walls
- Ensure equipment and machinery is maintained in a clean safe order
- Ensure the safe storage of food provisions, including recording deliveries, temperature checks and appropriate stock rotation
- Quality control of food, ensuring quality and presentation at service point
- Support other units or food production in an emergency
- Ensure that catering staff under the post holder’s direct supervision adhere to all policies and procedures, and comply with food safety legislation.
Napier School is a brand new school, part of Options Autism. Napier School is a primary school for pupils with autism, learning disabilities and/or complex needs.
For over 16 years Options Autism have provided care and education to pupils, young people and adults with autism, complex needs and learning difficulties. As part of Outcomes First Group we are leading our sector in setting and delivering new approaches that provide measurable outcomes for those in our care.
Why join Options Autism?
Your health and wellbeing are important to us, so you’ll get an exceptional reward package including:
- Life Assurance
- Pension scheme with options to increase your contributions
- “Your Wellbeing Matters” – access to a wide range of first-class mental health support services and physical health checks
And a market-leading benefit offering through our Flexible Benefits Platform, Vista, enables you to choose the package that’s right for you, including:
- A wide range of health, wellbeing, and insurance benefits
- 100’s of discount options valid in the UK and abroad
- Cycle to Work Schemes
- Electric Car Purchase Scheme
- Critical illness cover
And that’s not all, we place the outcomes of the pupils and vulnerable young adults in our services at the heart of everything we do, so you’ll wake every day in the knowledge that your role will have a significant positive impact on the lives of others.
We are committed to the safeguarding and promoting the welfare of pupils and young people. All applicants will be subject to social media checks and successful applicants to a fully enhanced DBS.
*You’ll work 80% of your contractual hours for 100% of your pay, giving you more time to do the things that make you happy.