How would you like to be paid for five days but only work four*?
Our colleagues’ wellbeing is at the heart of everything we do at OFG, so we’re always looking for new ways to improve everyone’s work/life balance. We’re taking part in a trial of the 4-Day Working Week, meaning that you could be working one day less a week (or equivalent).
If the trial is a success, we’ll be rolling the 4DWW out across the Group – so there’s never been a more exciting time to join #teamOFG!
Job title: Part-Time Catering Assistant
Location: Castle Garden School, Guildford, Surrey
Salary: £11.26 per hour
Hours: Monday to Friday 11am-1pm
Contract: Permanent, Term Time only
Must be UK based.
If you really want to make your mark in a rapidly growing business that is committed to improving the lives of pupils and young people, we have the role for you! We now have an opportunity for a Catering Assistant to join our close-knit team at Castle Garden School in Guildford, Surrey.
To support the School Cook/Chef by performing a variety of tasks in all areas of the kitchen, including food prep as directed. To also ensure the kitchen is clean and hygienic. To ensure meals are served and produced to a good standard.
Responsibilities & Key Tasks:
- Cleaning all kitchen areas, equipment and fabric as required, and keeping the servery and dining areas clean, washing and sanitising tables and chairs
- Recording and reporting any malfunction of equipment or fittings that require maintenance or cannot be kept to the required standard through normal cleaning procedures
- Preparing and serving food/meals
- Prepares the service and dining areas
- Rotate food stock supplies as necessary
- Update the Chef/Cook with the food/kitchen requirements for ordering before stock runs out
- Lifting of equipment and loading of dishwasher and other kitchen equipment
- Emptying of bins and taking refuge out to main refuge bins on either site
Qualifications: Food Hygiene preferably
Castle Garden School is a brand-new independent specialist school for pupils with autism between 5 - 11 years of age.
Castle Garden School strives to provide effective, specialist education and support to autistic pupils and their families, which will allow pupils to achieve their full potential in education and life. Located in the town centre of Guildford, the school provides primary education and offers a unique mix of education and support to pupils within a wide spectrum of needs and abilities. Personalised teaching and learning in an autism specific environment allows pupils’ individual needs to be addressed completely and their capabilities fully realised.
Castle Garden School is part of Outcomes First Group. The group is a leading national provider of outcomes-led learning, life skills and therapeutic care for pupils and adults with autism, complex needs and social, emotional and mental health difficulties.
Why join Options Autism?
Your health and wellbeing are important to us, so you’ll get an exceptional reward package including:
- Life Assurance
- Pension scheme with options to increase your contributions
- “Your Wellbeing Matters” – access to a wide range of first-class mental health support services and physical health checks
And a market-leading benefit offering through our Flexible Benefits Platform, Vista, enables you to choose the package that’s right for you, including:
- A wide range of health, wellbeing, and insurance benefits
- 100’s of discount options valid in the UK and abroad
- Cycle to Work Schemes
- Electric Car Purchase Scheme
- Critical illness cover
And that’s not all, we place the outcomes of the pupils and vulnerable young adults in our services at the heart of everything we do, so you’ll wake every day in the knowledge that your role will have a significant positive impact on the lives of others.
We are committed to the safeguarding and promoting the welfare of pupils and young people. All successful applicants will be subject to a fully enhanced DBS and social media check.
*You’ll work 80% of your contractual hours for 100% of your pay, giving you more time to do the things that make you happy.