At OFG, we work smarter so you can spend more time doing what makes you happy!
How would you like to be paid for five days but only work four*?
Our colleagues’ wellbeing is at the heart of everything we do at OFG, so we’re always looking for new ways to improve everyone’s work/life balance. We’re taking part in a trial of the 4-Day Working Week, meaning that you could be working one day less a week (or equivalent).
4DWW will be rolled out within our school, when we have a full complement of staff, and within the next year – so there’s never been a more exciting time to join us #teamOFG!
Job Title: Deputy Headteacher - Quality of Education
Location: Medway Green School, Kent
Salary: Up to £55,000 per annum
Hours: 37.5 hours per week; Monday to Friday 08.30-16.00
Contract: Permanent, Term Time Only
Must be UK based.
Due to growth in our service, we are recruiting for a Deputy Headteacher - Quality of Education to join our wonderful team at Medway Green located in Wouldham, Rochester!
You will support the Headteacher with the leadership and management of the school in order to promote effective education and care and contribute to the learning, personal development and well-being of all students. You will be an integral member of the Senior Leadership Team (SLT) discharging individual responsibilities to a high standard as well as supporting the work of the team at all times. You will work closely with the Headteacher, SLT and colleagues to ensure the school is compliant with statutory regulation.
- Work with the Headteacher to provide the vision, leadership and strategic direction that ensures the school is lead, managed and organised to meet its aims and targets.
- Work with the Headteacher and SLT to lead and manage colleagues and associates across a multi-disciplinary team in order to promote a mutual understanding of the curriculum and its impact on school policy and practice, with the aim of improving standards.
- Work with the Headteacher, SLT and staff to produce and implement clear, evidence-based improvement plans and policies for the development of the school and its facilities.
- Work with colleagues and stakeholders to implement, monitor and maintain policies and practices which reflect the school’s commitment to excellence and achievement through the provision of high-quality, integrated and responsive needs-led services.
- Be proactive in establishing communications which foster good relations with all stakeholders, external agencies, individuals and organisations and which, through consultation, seek their positive support and active involvement in the school.
- Qualified Teacher status
- Evidence of continuing professional development relating to school leadership and management, and curriculum/teaching and learning
- Ability to identify own learning needs and to support others in identifying their learning needs
- At least 5 years successful teaching experience in the secondary age range
- Experience of driving whole school initiatives with proven successful outcomes
- Substantial knowledge and understanding of teaching and learning
- Leadership experience in primary and/or secondary
- Experience of working with and teaching pupils with complex learning, social and emotional needs
- Experience of developing alternative curriculums
Medway Green School is a special needs provision that provides for students whose SEMH/SEN needs have resulted in placement breakdown at their mainstream schools.
Students will experience a personalised curriculum based on previous learning and identified needs. With a keen focus on therapy, education and personal development the school aims to help young pupils grow academically, socially and emotionally to enable them to achieve success as they progress through life.
This opportunity is within commutable distance of Rochester, Maidstone and surrounding areas, with excellent access to the M2 and M20 motorways.
Acorn Education & Care is the UK’s leading independent provider of specialist education and residential care for vulnerable pupils and young people. As part of Outcomes First Group, we are leading our sector in setting and delivering new approaches that provide measurable outcomes for those in our care.
Why join Acorn Education & Care?
Your health and wellbeing are important to us, so you’ll get an exceptional reward package including:
- Life Assurance
- Pension scheme with options to increase your contributions
- “Your Wellbeing Matters” – access to a wide range of first-class mental health support services and physical health checks
And a market-leading benefit offering through our Flexible Benefits Platform, Vista, enables you to choose the package that’s right for you, including:
- A wide range of health, wellbeing, and insurance benefits
- 100’s of discount options valid in the UK and abroad
- Cycle to Work Schemes
- Electric Car Purchase Scheme
- Critical illness cover
And that’s not all, we place the outcomes of the pupils and vulnerable young adults in our services at the heart of everything we do, so you’ll wake every day in the knowledge that your role will have a significant positive impact on the lives of others.
We are committed to the safeguarding and promoting the welfare of pupils and young people. All successful applicants will be subject to a fully enhanced DBS and social media checks.
*You’ll work 80% of your contractual hours for 100% of your pay, giving you more time to do the things that make you happy.