How would you like to be paid for five days but only work four*?
Our colleagues’ wellbeing is at the heart of everything we do at OFG, so we’re always looking for new ways to improve everyone’s work/life balance. We’re taking part in a trial of the 4-Day Working Week, meaning that you could be working one day less a week (or equivalent).
4DWW will be rolled out within our school, when we have a full complement of staff, and within the next year – so there’s never been a more exciting time to join us #teamOFG!
Job Title: School Admin Assistant
Location: Brookthorpe House School, Gloucester
Salary: £12,554.90 per annum
Hours: 25 hours per week: Monday to Friday, 9am - 2pm
Contract: Permanent, Term Time Only
Must be UK based.
To welcome visitors into the school and provide administrative and clerical functions for the school and its staff, ensuring that the services are provided in an efficient, effective and timely way and in compliance with the requirements of the group and the school senior leadership team.
- To provide an effective, timely and confidential administration support to staff and managers as required
- To ensure that relevant records and documents are kept up to date and are stored securely and confidentially at all times
- To support other members of the Administration Team with work that requires extra members of staff to complete the tasks
- Participate in training and take responsibility for personal development
- To set up confidential files for new pupils ensuring that Data Protection is adhered to
- To ensure that all files are maintained timely, accurately and to a high standard
- To ensure that pupil’s files are correctly archived when they are discharged
- Good IT skills with a knowledge of Word, Excel, Outlook, PowerPoint
- Well organised with the ability to work to tight timescales and demonstrate attention to detail
- Good communication and interpersonal skills to effectively deal with a wide range of customers, contractors and staff teams
- Ability to work individually and as part of a team
- An understanding of the need to deal with customers sensitively and to keep information confidential ·
- Willing to undertake NVQ whilst working full time
- Working in an office environment ·
- Ability to take on individual project work and demonstrate initiative
- GCSEs A-C including Maths and English (or equivalent)
About the school
Brookthorpe Hall School is a specialist provision providing full-time specialised co-education for young people aged 7 to 16 with a range of complex needs, communication difficulties and associated challenging behaviour. This may include social, emotional and mental health needs and also pupils who have been diagnosed with autism or demonstrate behaviours associated with autism.
For over 16 years Options Autism have provided care and education to pupils, young people and adults with autism, complex needs and learning difficulties. As part of Outcomes First Group, we are leading our sector in setting and delivering new approaches that provide measurable outcomes for those in our care.
Why join Options Autism?
Your health and wellbeing are important to us, so you’ll get an exceptional reward package including:
- Life Assurance
- Pension scheme with options to increase your contributions
- “Your Wellbeing Matters” – access to a wide range of first-class mental health support services and physical health checks
And a market-leading benefit offering through our Flexible Benefits Platform, Vista, enables you to choose the package that’s right for you, including:
- A wide range of health, wellbeing, and insurance benefits
- 100’s of discount options valid in the UK and abroad
- Cycle to Work Schemes
- Electric Car Purchase Scheme
- Critical illness cover
And that’s not all, we place the outcomes of the pupils and vulnerable young adults in our services at the heart of everything we do, so you’ll wake every day in the knowledge that your role will have a significant positive impact on the lives of others.
We are committed to the safeguarding and promoting the welfare of pupils and young people. All applicants will be subject to social media checks and successful applicants to a fully enhanced DBS.
*You’ll work 80% of your contractual hours for 100% of your pay, giving you more time to do the things that make you happy.