Join Outcomes First Group and have a better work/life balance by working 4 days a week for 100% of your pay *T&C's apply
Job Title: Occupational Therapist
Location: Brick Lane, London
Salary: Up to £53,200 per annum (dependent on experience)
Hours: 37.5 hours per week
Contract: Permanent (can consider full time or term time only candidates)
We understand the value of helping our employees to achieve their Continued Professional Development goals and offer a £2,000 training allowance to allow you to complete role specific training tailored to your individual requirements.
About the role
Due to a recent expansion, we are looking for an experienced Occupational Therapist to join our Clinical Hub working as a key integrated member of our clinical and education team in our brand new Brick Lane School. In this exciting new role, you will work collaboratively to deliver bespoke assessment and intervention plans for Autistic pupils.
You will implement a holistic, therapeutic approach to helping our pupils in their daily lives, ensuring they are safe, comfortable, and healthy. Undertaking all aspects of Occupational Therapy clinical duties, you will adhere to professional and regulatory guidelines, carrying out specialist individual assessments and interventions, and preparing relevant documentation, including writing reports. A significant element of this role will be working alongside the speech and language therapist onsite and the clinical lead to establish the clinical service provision for the school include providing support/training to staff and parents.
Our well-established multidisciplinary Clinical Team maintain a nurturing and loving environment where our pupils can flourish, always putting them at the forefront of everything they do. All our settings maintain a strong safeguarding culture, and our pupls are heard, respected and involved in decisions that affect them wherever possible.
When it comes to looking after our pupils, we strive for excellence, which is why we are the leading service provider in the UK. With this in mind, we are looking for an Occupational Therapist who shares our vision; to build incredible futures by empowering vulnerable young people in the UK to be happy and to make their way in the world.
Location: Brick Lane School, London
About the Group
Outcomes First Group is the largest independent provider of special needs education and care. We are a vital part of local communities in England, Scotland and Wales with a renowned reputation for quality and positive outcomes for the people we educate and care for.
We are really proud to say that in October 2023, Outcomes First Group were officially certified as a ‘Great Place to Work’ for the fourth year running.
Our divisional brands include Acorn Education and Care and Options Autism.
For more information on the group please visit: https://www.outcomesfirstgroup.co.uk/
- Recognised and relevant Occupational Therapist degree
- Valid and up to date HCPC registration
- Experience within the specialist client group. (complex communication issues relating to autism, including language disorder, sensory impairment, learning disabilities/difficulties and associated challenging behaviour)
- Experience of working within an educational setting would be advantageous
- Relevant post-qualification experience working as a Therapist
- Skills in co-working, liaison and consultation with others, especially with regard to highly complex cases
- Specialist knowledge of OT assessments and interventions
- Ability to communicate effectively, both written and verbal, complex, technical and clinically sensitive information to the specific client group, their carers and families and a wide range of professionals outside the service
For further information on this role please refer the Job Description and Person Specification attached. To discuss this role in more detail, please contact: email@example.com
Why work for us?
Alongside working with a network of clinical colleagues with regular forums for peer reflection and practice development, Outcomes First Group offer an array of flexible benefit options.
Your health and wellbeing are important to us, so you’ll get an exceptional reward package including:
- Life Assurance Pension scheme with options to increase your contributions
- “Your Wellbeing Matters” – access to a wide range of first-class mental health support services and physical health checks
- 4 day working week*
And a market-leading benefit offering through our Flexible Benefits Platform, Vista, enables you to choose the package that’s right for you, including:
- A wide range of health, wellbeing, and insurance benefits
- 100’s of discount options valid in the UK and abroad
- Cycle to Work Schemes
- Electric Car Purchase Scheme
- Critical illness cover
And that’s not all, we place the outcomes of the people in our services at the heart of everything we do, so you’ll wake every day in the knowledge that your role will have a significant positive impact on the lives of others.
We are committed to the safeguarding and promoting the welfare of our pupils. All successful applicants will be subject to a fully enhanced DBS.
Job ID: 226911