Options Autism are currently hiring for a Deputy Head of Care in the Ludlow area!
Role: Deputy Head of Care
Hours: Full-Time, Permanent (40 hours per week, Monday to Friday, shift and on-call cover as required)
Salary: Up to £35,000.00 per annum (dependant on qualifications and experience)
Location: Overton School, Ludlow, Shropshire
Essential: Full UK Driving Licence and access to their own vehicle and the Right to Work in the UK
How we reward you
We want our occupants to have the best support possible, and therefore you’ll receive an exceptional rewards package including:
- Salary: Up to £35,000.00 per annum (dependant on qualifications and experience)
- Earn £1000 by referring a friend
- Annual Leave Entitlement equivalent to 5.6 weeks per year(with options to purchase more and possible increments)
- Life Assurance
- Pension scheme with options to increase your contributions
- “Your Wellbeing Matters” – access to a wide range of first-class mental health support services and physical health checks
- Relocation Package could be available for the right candidate!
And a market-leading benefit offering through our Flexible Benefits Platform, Vista, enables you to choose the package that’s right for you, including:
- A wide range of health, wellbeing, and insurance benefits
- 100’s of discount options valid in the UK and abroad
- Cycle to Work Schemes
- Electric Car Purchase Scheme
- Critical illness cover
This is an exciting role where the successful candidate will deputise for the Head of Care and in their absence, be responsible for the operation and management of the Residential home, and the leadership and management of the staff to provide a positive living experience for the occupants.
The correct candidate will also assist in overseeing the strategic development of the provision and will have the oversight of safeguarding within the service. Further details can be found in the job description and person specification.
Our next Deputy Head of Care will have
- Mandatory: Level 3 Diploma in Residential Childcare or equivalent
- Full UK Driving Licence and access to their own vehicle and the Right to Work in the UK
- Experience working in Residential Childcare
- Experience in leading a team
- The confidence in holding other professionals to account to improve the lives of the young people in our care
- Strong organisational skills
- A willingness to go the extra mile
We are looking to add to our growing team at Overton School, Overton School provides specialist education and support for young people between the ages of 11– 18. This is a nurturing and therapeutic setting comprising of a school for Autistic individuals, learning disabilities and other complex needs, residing on the same site as a home accommodating up to 12 occupants.
We are dedicated to improving the lives of the pupils we support, their families and their interactions with the local community. Our homes are friendly and fun, and though there are challenges too, everything we do is dedicated to creating rewarding experiences – for those we look after and for everyone in our team!
We are based in Ludlow and are within commuting distance of Newtown, Leominster, Bridgnorth, Kidderminster, Telford, Hereford, Shrewsbury and surrounding towns and villages.
Options Autism is a national provider of specialist education, care and therapeutic services for individuals with autism, complex needs and learning difficulties. We provide a person-centred approach to education and support, looking at the full needs of the individual and adapting our approach accordingly.
To apply now please click Apply on Company Site and follow the on-screen instructions or call us today on 01204 927626 and speak to one our dedicated talent scouts!
Options Autism is part of Outcomes First Group. We are committed to the safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children, young people and adults. All successful applicants will be subject to a free fully Enhanced DBS and reimbursement of the Update Service Fee.