Options Autism are hiring Trainee Autism Practitioners in the Barton-upon-Humber area!
Role: Trainee Autism Practitioner (Children’s Home)
Location: Barton upon Humber
Salary: Up to £28,822.40 per annum (dependent on qualification, inclusive of 8 sleep ins per month)
Hours: Full-time, Permanent (40 hours per week – as per rota)
How we reward you
We want our occupants to have the best support possible, and therefore you’ll receive an exceptional rewards package including:
- Basic Salary:
- Unqualified Care Worker: £23,420.80 per annum
- Qualified Care Worker: £24,502.40 per annum
- Sleep ins paid at £45.00 per night
- ‘Journey to Management’ programme – starting with your Level 3 Diploma in Residential Childcare (if you have not already attained this)
- Annual Leave Entitlement equivalent to 5.6 weeks per year (with options to purchase more)
- Life Assurance
- Pension scheme with options to increase your contributions
- Earn £1000 by referring a friend
- “Your Wellbeing Matters” – access to a wide range of first-class mental health support services and physical health checks
And market leading benefits offered through our Flexible Benefits Platform Vista that enable you to choose the package that’s right for you, including:
- A wide range of health, wellbeing, and insurance benefits
- 100’s of discount options valid in the UK and abroad, to use at high street stores, events, cinemas, restaurants and more!
- Critical illness cover
Our next Trainee Autism Practitioner will be someone who has:
- A big heart and passion to make a difference to the occupants’ lives.
- Patience, resilience, and calmness.
Some of your duties would be as follows
- Supporting the occupants to appointments and activities such as shopping or trips out
- Completing relevant paperwork
- Undertaking household tasks
- Engage our occupants in tasks and activities
Options Autism are recruiting Trainee Autism Practitioners to join our team at Barton School.
At Barton School, we work directly with pupils with Autism and complex needs. Our occupants exhibit a wide range of abilities, from non-verbal to high-functioning and you will use your creativity and compassion to tailor your approach to each individual’s needs. This will involve learning about the young person’s interests as well as their dislikes and their triggers, using that connection as a launchpad for a rewarding relationship. Patience and a passion for this kind of engagement is essential.
You will be responsible for the wellbeing of the pupils under your supervision. This will include chaperoning to appointments and activities, completing relevant paperwork, delivering personal care, undertaking household tasks, and where appropriate administering medication.
We are based in Barton-upon-Humber and are within commutable distance of Winterton, Scunthorpe and surrounding towns and villages.
How to Apply
1. Click Apply and follow the on-screen instructions
2. Visit our website at www.outcomesfirstgroup.co.uk/jobs/ where you can sort all of our live vacancies to find one that is most relevant to you - Search by Role, Location or even distance to your own home to find your perfect job!
Options Autism is part of Outcomes First Group. We are committed to the safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children, young people and adults. All successful applicants will be subject to a free fully Enhanced DBS and reimbursement of the Update Service Fee.