How would you like to be paid for five days but only work four*?
Our colleagues’ wellbeing is at the heart of everything we do at OFG, so we’re always looking for new ways to improve everyone’s work/life balance. We’re taking part in a trial of the 4-Day Working Week, meaning that you could be working one day less a week (or equivalent).
If the trial is a success, we’ll be rolling the 4DWW out across the Group – so there’s never been a more exciting time to join #teamOFG!
Job Title: Science Teacher/Instructor
Location: Willow Park School, Milton Keynes
Salary: Competitive, TBC
Hours: 40 hours per week, Monday to Friday
Contract: Permanent, Term Time only
Must be UK based!
Join us today to receive a £1000 Welcome Bonus. £500 paid once you start employment and £500 after successful completion of final probation – there has never been a better time to join us’* T&C’s apply!
Are you a Science Teacher/Instructor looking to enhance your career in Special Education? Great for recent graduates looking for a taste of teaching!
About the role
We are looking for a Science Teacher/Instructor to join our fantastic team at Willow Park School in Milton Keynes. As a Science Teacher/Instructor, you will take a creative approach to teaching pupils according to their educational needs, maximising pupil’s achievement, and ability to develop.
- To further enhance and develop the curriculum to meet the needs of all students giving them the most relevant skills and knowledge to succeed.
- To secure high quality teaching, effective use of resources and improve standards of learning and achievement for all pupils in consultation with the Headteacher and Senior Leadership Team.
- To teach and provide effective delivery of the Science curriculum in consultation with the Headteacher and Senior Leadership Team
We are happy to consider ECT and Unqualified Teachers.
Willow Park School is a new 55 place SEN school for pupils with complex needs including SEMH and Autism. A co-educational provision with entry from 9 years to 16 years old. Willow Park School is an exciting addition to the Acorn portfolio based in Milton Keynes.
Acorn Education & Care is the UK’s leading independent provider of specialist education and care for vulnerable pupils and young people. As part of Outcomes First Group, we are leading our sector in setting and delivering new approaches that provide measurable outcomes for those in our care.
Why join Acorn Education?
Your health and wellbeing are important to us, so you’ll get an exceptional reward package including:
- Life Assurance
- Pension scheme with options to increase your contributions
- “Your Wellbeing Matters” – access to a wide range of first-class mental health support services and physical health checks
And a market-leading benefit offering through our Flexible Benefits Platform, Vista, enables you to choose the package that’s right for you, including:
- A wide range of health, wellbeing, and insurance benefits
- 100’s of discount options valid in the UK and abroad
- Cycle to Work Schemes
- Electric Car Purchase Scheme
- Critical illness cover
And that’s not all, we place the outcomes of the pupils and vulnerable young adults in our services at the heart of everything we do, so you’ll wake every day in the knowledge that your role will have a significant positive impact on the lives of others.
We are committed to the safeguarding and promoting the welfare of pupils and young people. All applicants will be subject to social media checks and successful applicants to a fully enhanced DBS.
*You’ll work 80% of your contractual hours for 100% of your pay, giving you more time to do the things that make you happy.