How would you like to be paid for five days but only work four*?
Our colleagues’ wellbeing is at the heart of everything we do at OFG, so we’re always looking for new ways to improve everyone’s work/life balance. We’re taking part in a trial of the 4-Day Working Week, meaning that you could be working one day less a week (or equivalent).
4DWW will be rolled out within our school, when we have a full complement of staff, and within the next year – so there’s never been a more exciting time to join us #teamOFG!
- Title: ICT Teacher
- Location: Lamledge School, Shifnal, Shropshire
- Salary: up to £40,000 per annum dependent on experience
- Hours: 40 hours per week, Monday to Friday
- Contract: Permanent, Term Time only
Join us today to receive a £1000 Welcome Bonus. *£500 paid once you start employment and £500 after successful completion of final probation – there has never been a better time to join us’* T&Cs apply! *
Open to Unqualified Teachers with a view to supporting career progression.
About the Role
To provide a high-quality education service for our students in accordance with Company policies, procedures and practices and the standards set by the Regulatory Body.
Job Role and Primary Responsibilities
- Plan and teach well-structured lessons, following the school’s plans, curriculum and schemes of work
- Adapt teaching to respond to the strengths and needs of pupils
- Set high expectations which inspire, motivate and challenge pupils
- Promote good progress and outcomes by pupils
- Demonstrate good subject and curriculum knowledge
- Degree / QTS or equivalent
- Experience of working with pupils with SEMH
Lamledge School provides specialist education to pupils with social, emotional and behaviour difficulties. We are within a commutable distance of Telford, Dudley, Stourbridge, Shrewsbury, Stone, Walsall, Wolverhampton and surrounding towns. We are looking to expand our staff team and we hope that we can find the perfect person to join the Lamledge team.
We are a small school on the outskirts of Shifnal with stunning grounds and rolling countryside surrounding us. Our staff are dedicated to delivering education in a therapeutic and trauma informed way.
Acorn Care and Education is the UK’s leading independent provider of specialist education and residential care for vulnerable pupils and young people. As part of Outcomes First Group, we are leading our sector in setting and delivering new approaches that provide measurable outcomes for those in our care.
Why join Acorn Education & Care?
Your health and wellbeing are important to us, so you’ll get an exceptional reward package including:
- Life Assurance
- Pension scheme with options to increase your contributions
- “Your Wellbeing Matters” – access to a wide range of first-class mental health support services and physical health checks
And a market-leading benefit offering through our Flexible Benefits Platform, Vista, enables you to choose the package that’s right for you, including:
- A wide range of health, wellbeing, and insurance benefits
- 100’s of discount options valid in the UK and abroad
- Cycle to Work Schemes
- Electric Car Purchase Scheme
- Critical illness cover
And that’s not all, we place the outcomes of the pupils and vulnerable young adults in our services at the heart of everything we do, so you’ll wake every day in the knowledge that your role will have a significant positive impact on the lives of others.
We are committed to the safeguarding and promoting the welfare of pupils and young people. All applicants will be subject to social media checks and successful applicants to a fully enhanced DBS.
*You’ll work 80% of your contractual hours for 100% of your pay, giving you more time to do the things that make you happy.