At OFG, we work smarter so you can spend more time doing what makes you happy!
How would you like to be paid for five days but only work four*?
Our colleagues’ wellbeing is at the heart of everything we do at OFG, so we’re always looking for new ways to improve everyone’s work/life balance. We’re taking part in a trial of the 4-Day Working Week, meaning that you could be working one day less a week (or equivalent).
4DWW will be rolled out within our school, when we have a full complement of staff, and within the next year – so there’s never been a more exciting time to join us #teamOFG!
Job Title: Assistant Headteacher – Quality of Curriculum Delivery
Location: Bramfield House School, Halesworth
Salary: £50,000 per annum
Hours: 40 hours per week; Monday to Friday
Contract: Permanent, Term Time Only
Must be UK based.
Due to growth in service, we are recruiting for an experienced Assistant Headteacher – Quality of Curriculum Delivery to join our fantastic team at Bramfield House in Halesworth, Suffolk.
About the role
The Assistant Headteacher will take lead responsibility for ensuring the best possible curriculum offer, provision, well-being, progress and achievement for all pupils through careful monitoring and holding staff to account for the progress their pupils make.
- Be a member of the senior leadership team and contribute to the school development plan with specific responsibility for the quality of education and continued development of the curriculum offer.
- Maintaining an overview of recent changes and developments for curriculum implementation and ensuring that the latest developments in teaching and learning are included in the curriculum model for BHS and presented to SLT.
- Assist the Head of School in leading and managing operational aspects of the school particularly pertaining to the timetable, including managing cover and resources required for the curriculum to be delivered effectively, including ICT and allocation of rooms.
- Undertake any such duties as are delegated by the Head of School.
- Overseeing the administration and requirements for examination entries and qualification accreditations to be organised and delivered effectively.
- Deputise for the Head of School in their absence.
- Play a strategic role under the overall direction of the Head of School in formulating and reviewing the school development plan and the aims and objectives of the school by: -
- Establishing the policies through which they shall be achieved.
- Seeking and developing appropriate CPD opportunities for teaching staff.
- Leading, managing and developing staff including quality assuring their performance.
- Monitoring the effectiveness of the curriculum by regularly assessing schemes of work, unit planners, progression across key stages and reviewing the adaptation of the curriculum offer to respond to the pupil’s additional needs within the EHCP’s.
- Degree level qualification
- At least 3 years’ experience of faculty management or subjects’ management in a department of more than 5 staff
- Successful experience of liaising with local authorities and professional organisations
- Experience of working with young people from a wide range of starting points primary upwards and developing effective curriculum strategies to address need.
- Experience of managing challenging behaviour of pupils and young people
- Experience of the quality assurance of the quality of curriculum, teaching, and learning.
- Experience of leading CPD in curriculum, teaching, and learning
- Track record of effective work in developing the effectiveness of leadership teams
Bramfield House School is an independent residential special educational needs school for boys aged 7 – 16 years who have social, emotional, mental health, communication difficulties and associated challenging behaviours, located in rural Suffolk. The school has a committed and innovative multidisciplinary team, extensive site and excellent facilities to support both learning and extra-curricular activities; we are in a great position to provide our pupils with the best education and care possible.
This opportunity is in Halesworth which is within commutable distance of Lowestoft, Diss and surrounding areas.
Acorn Education & Care is the UK’s leading independent provider of specialist education and residential care for vulnerable pupils and young people. As part of Outcomes First Group, we are leading our sector in setting and delivering new approaches that provide measurable outcomes for those in our care.
Why join Acorn Education & Care?
Your health and wellbeing are important to us, so you’ll get an exceptional reward package including:
- Life Assurance
- Pension scheme with options to increase your contributions
- “Your Wellbeing Matters” – access to a wide range of first-class mental health support services and physical health checks
And a market-leading benefit offering through our Flexible Benefits Platform, Vista, enables you to choose the package that’s right for you, including:
- A wide range of health, wellbeing, and insurance benefits
- 100’s of discount options valid in the UK and abroad
- Cycle to Work Schemes
- Electric Car Purchase Scheme
- Critical illness cover
And that’s not all, we place the outcomes of the pupils and vulnerable young adults in our services at the heart of everything we do, so you’ll wake every day in the knowledge that your role will have a significant positive impact on the lives of others.
We are committed to the safeguarding and promoting the welfare of pupils and young people. All applicants will be subject to social media checks and successful applicants to a fully enhanced DBS.
*You’ll work 80% of your contractual hours for 100% of your pay, giving you more time to do the things that make you happy.