We're on a mission to give our colleagues an amazing work/life balance!
Position: School Cleaner
Location: Oak Tree School, Truro, TR4 9NH
Hours: 25 hours per week; Monday to Friday 3pm–8pm
Salary: £11.26 per hour
Contract: Permanent; Term Time + 3 weeks
Must be UK based.
We are looking for a highly motivated and organised School Cleaner who takes pride in their work and is able to self-manage themselves effectively.
Duties and Responsibilities Core Duties
The list below is not exhaustive and may be altered from time to time.
- Daily cleaning of the school site, to the standard required and in accordance with the daily, weekly, monthly etc checklists
- Ensure all rubbish is removed on a daily basis and recycling where possible
- Ensure the various dispensers including toilet roll are checked and topped up daily
- Ensuring that all cleaning materials are kept in a locked cupboard when not in use
- Reporting any breakages or damage within the House to the Facilities Manager on a daily basis
- Attend meetings with Maintenance and Lead of unit
- Any other reasonable request made by the facilities manager and site lead
Candidates will need to be physically fit and have the drive and determination to ensure our school environment maintains a high level of cleanliness at all times. Working hours will be 25 hours per week during school term time working Monday to Friday 3pm – 8pm and there will be a requirement to work approximately 3 weeks during the school holiday periods for the purpose of deep cleaning.
You will also be required to attend essential training in line with our school policies and procedures (details will be confirmed by our Headteacher in advance).
Oak Tree School is a specialist provision positioned near the city of Truro in Cornwall. The school provides full-time specialist co-education for up to 83 pupils and young people aged 7 to 16 who experience social, emotional, mental health, communication difficulties and associated challenging behaviours. These pupils and young people often cannot cope, function or achieve within a mainstream environment. The aim is to provide a structured, nurturing approach, with pupils accessing a broad, balanced and engaging curriculum to meet their significant needs.
This opportunity is in Truro which is within commutable distance of Redruth, St Austell and surrounding areas.
We are part of Acorn Education and Care and can promise you plenty of challenges, and a rich variety of opportunities to develop your career.
Why join Acorn Education & Care?
Your health and wellbeing are important to us, so you’ll get an exceptional reward package including:
- Life Assurance
- Pension scheme with options to increase your contributions
- “Your Wellbeing Matters” – access to a wide range of first-class mental health support services and physical health checks
And a market-leading benefit offering through our Flexible Benefits Platform, Vista, enables you to choose the package that’s right for you, including:
- A wide range of health, wellbeing, and insurance benefits
- 100’s of discount options valid in the UK and abroad
- Cycle to Work Schemes
- Electric Car Purchase Scheme
- Critical illness cover
And that’s not all, we place the outcomes of the pupils and vulnerable young adults in our services at the heart of everything we do, so you’ll wake every day in the knowledge that your role will have a significant positive impact on the lives of others.
We are committed to the safeguarding and promoting the welfare of pupils and young people. All applicants will be subject to social media checks and successful applicants to a fully enhanced DBS.