Job title: Infrastructure Engineer
Responsible to: Head of IT Operations
Location: Bolton (at least one day a week)
Contract: Monday – Friday between 8am to 6pm rota
Salary: Up to £45,000 per annum
Outcomes First Group is Great Place to Work certified – it’s official! We’re also taking part in the national 4 Day Working Week pilot which makes joining us now even more appealing (T&Cs apply)…
About the role:
Outcomes First Group have an exciting new opportunity for an Infrastructure Engineer to join our IT Team.
With a key focus Customer Service, you’ll be part of a team of engineers responsible for the support, maintenance, upgrade, and expansion of Infrastructures services across Outcomes First Group’s large estate of offices, schools, and care homes.
You will be responsible planned improvements as well as day-to-day support and management of the voice and data Infrastructure across the Group including resolution of complex issues, working on projects and supporting the business ensuring the company infrastructure is fit for purpose.
As a member of the Infrastructure Engineering Team, you’ll also be involved in strategic developments and improvements to our Microsoft 365 tenant and Wide Area Network– the foundations used by colleagues and students across the Group.
What we are looking for:
The successful candidate will have the following:
• Windows server experience (essential)
• Active Directory (essential)
• Microsoft 365\Azure experience (essential)
• Understanding of virtualization (essential)
• Solid understanding of Lan/Wan technologies (essential)
• Knowledge of MDM (essential)
• Networking experience (essential)
• Cisco Meraki Experience (essential)
• VOIP/Telephony solutions (preferred)
• SQL knowledge (preferred)
You will also have:
• Between 3 to 5 years’ 3rd line role experience within a technical support desk or MSP. (essential)
• Holds a professional qualification (Microsoft Stack, Azure, MCSA, CCNA etc) or an IT Degree or working towards one. (essential)
• Strong knowledge of Microsoft products desktop and server platforms. (essential)
• Strong knowledge of working within an ITIL framework. (essential)
• Strong understanding of IT infrastructure. (essential)
• Demonstrated efficient and effective use of problem-solving and task prioritization to solve complex challenges. (essential)
• Extensive knowledge of enterprise ethernets, Vlan, routing, switching and IP addressing. (essential)
• A broad technical knowledge of PC’s/peripherals and their architecture. (essential)
• Strong working knowledge of current software packages and operating system. (preferred)
• Strong customer service skills. (essential)
• Must have strong attention to detail, the ability to follow processes and procedures and take ownership of tasks or issues.
• Excellent communication, organisational and interpersonal skills.
• Ability/willingness to learn, prioritize workload and meet tight deadlines.
• Ability to work on own initiative, tackle tasks proactively, address and resolve problems and able to follow a methodical approach to service issues.
• Contributes to, supports, and works within the team.
• Ability to work well with challenging customers and under pressure.
As part of the role, you will be expected to travel to school, care home and office locations in the UK when required.
You will also be expected to do training and keep professional qualifications up to date and relevant to the post.
With four key functions spanning from Service Desk, Security, Infrastructure, Projects and Applications. Our IT team runs on the ethos of promoting from within and building lifelong careers. Working with our highly experienced team, joining us means exposure to a range of problems, solutions, and technologies. We work as one driven unit to ensure that our goal to help build incredible futures for all the individuals who use our services is achieved.
About the Group
Outcomes First Group exists to make sure vulnerable people get the opportunities they need, whether that involves providing them with specialist education or residential care where they can thrive.
There are two organisations in our Outcomes First family: Acorn Education and Care and Options Autism. Together, we educate, care for and support young people across the UK, empowering them to be happy and make their way in the world.
Why work for us?
Your well-being is very important to us, and we know that being able to choose the benefits that suit you and your family will support your well-being.
Whatever your role and wherever you’re located, you’ll love VISTA, our flexible benefits platform which lets you tailor your benefits package.
And when your circumstances change…no problem. You can flex, trade and add to your benefits package to suit your circumstances, chose from…
• Holidays starting at 25 days per annum with options to buy an additional 5 days
• Critical illness covers and life assurance options
• Company Pension with options to increase your contributions
• Private medical and dental Insurance
• 100’s of discount options valid in the UK and abroad
• Eco-Car Scheme
• “Your Wellbeing Matters"- access to a wide range of first-class mental health support services and physical health checks
• Career development opportunities
• Professional support networks and groups
• * 4-Day working week - ‘rest-day’ could be any day Mon-Fri (agreed with Manager), available after successful completion of probationary period for full-time workers only
We are committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and we expect all employees to share this commitment and undertake appropriate checks.
We are an Equal Opportunities Employer.
Winner UK Best Workplaces for Women™ Awards 2023, for the past 3 years.
Winner UK Great Place to Work™ Awards, for the past 4 years.