At OFG, we work smarter so you can spend more time doing the things you love.
How would you like to work 4 days but be paid for 5?*
Our colleagues’ wellbeing is at the heart of everything we do at OFG, so we’re always looking for new ways to improve everyone’s work/life balance. We’re taking part in a trial of the 4-Day Working Week, meaning that you could be working one day less a week (or equivalent).
If the trial is a success, we’ll be rolling the 4DWW out across the Group – so there’s never been a more exciting time to join #teamOFG!
Do you want to work in a dynamic and innovative environment?
Do you have a passion for supporting pupils to achieve their full potential?
Do you want a great work life balance?
Then join our close-knit team at Glebedale School, a small SEMH provision in Stoke on Trent.
Job Title: Head of English
Location: Glebedale School, Stoke-on-Trent, Staffordshire
Salary: Up to £48,000 per annum dependent on experience
Hours: 37.5 hours per week; Monday to Friday
Contract: Permanent; Term time
We now have a fantastic opportunity for an outstanding Head of English to join us at Glebedale. Join a growing, motivated and highly dedicated team.
Glebedale School is proud to offer support to a broad range of pupils with complex SEMH needs. With a high ratio of staff to pupils we have the time to build real relationships with our young people and offer a welcoming and nurturing environment.
Purpose of Job
- To secure high quality teaching, effective use of resources and improve standards of learning and achievement for all pupils;
- Improve the quality of pupils’ learning in English;
- Contribute to the development and / or implementation of English policy and procedure;
- Have lead responsibility for English across the school and develop plans which identify clear targets and success criteria for its development and / or maintenance;
- In consultation with the Headteacher/Deputy Headteacher undertake other identified areas of responsibility as necessary to ensure effective delivery of the school’s curriculum;
- To share the school’s responsibility to support and promote the learning, personal development and well-being of all students;
- Identify, implement and monitor appropriate literacy-based interventions for pupils requiring additional support;
- Contributing to the school’s quality assurance and self-evaluation processes.
- Leading on projects and initiatives that promote reading for pleasure.
Glebedale School is a special needs school which provides provision for boys and girls aged 7 years and upwards. We provide a nurturing and welcoming environment to SEMH pupils and our curriculum has a keen focus on therapy, education and personal development. Our school aims to help pupils grow academically, socially and emotionally to enable them to become capable future citizens.
We provide education to 30 pupils from the Stoke on Trent, Staffordshire and Cheshire areas. At our last Ofsted in December 2022, we were rated “Good”.
Acorn Education & Care is the UK’s leading independent provider of specialist education and residential care for vulnerable pupils and young people. As part of Outcomes First Group, we are leading our sector in setting and delivering new approaches that provide measurable outcomes for those in our care.
Why Join Acorn Education and Care?
Your health and wellbeing are important to us, so you’ll get an exceptional reward package including:
- Life Assurance
- Pension scheme with options to increase your contributions
- “Your Wellbeing Matters” – access to a wide range of first-class mental health support services and physical health checks
And a market-leading benefit offering through our Flexible Benefits Platform, Vista, enables you to choose the package that’s right for you, including:
- A wide range of health, wellbeing, and insurance benefits
- 100’s of discount options valid in the UK and abroad
- Cycle to Work Schemes
- Electric Car Purchase Scheme
- Critical illness cover
And that’s not all, we place the outcomes of the pupils and vulnerable young adults in our services at the heart of everything we do, so you’ll wake every day in the knowledge that your role will have a significant positive impact on the lives of others.
We are committed to the safeguarding and promoting the welfare of pupils and young people. All successful applicants will be subject to a fully enhanced DBS and social media checks.
*You’ll work 80% of your contractual hours for 100% of your pay, giving you more time to do the things that make you happy. We aim for all of our schools to join 4DWW by September and is currently subject to location.